Currently, 12 Hurricanes alumni are scheduled to participate in the 2015 Alumni Fantasy Game: Rod Brind’Amour, Glen Wesley, Niclas Wallin, Sergei Samsonov, Stu Grimson, Bates Battaglia, Jesse Boulerice, Aaron Ward, Shane Willis, Robert Kron, Steve Rice and Tripp Tracy. Additional participants will be announced as they are confirmed. Fans playing in the game will dress in the Hurricanes’ locker room and enjoy a game atmosphere in the arena, including Hurricanes Play-by-Play Announcer John Forslund’s call on the video board, Stormy, the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad and more. The Hurricanes’ coaching staff will work the benches for the game, which will be no-hitting, with three running-clock periods and full intermissions. Fans not participating on the ice are welcome to watch the game free of charge, with an optional contribution to the Kids ‘N Community Foundation at the door.
The entry fee for playing in the Alumni Fantasy Game is $3,000, and includes:
- Participation in the game on the ice, and the full game-day player experience
- Invitation to the “Team Announcement Party” on Friday, March 20
- Practice on the ice at PNC Arena on Saturday, March 21, followed by a team lunch
- A personalized Hurricanes jersey with special Alumni Game patch
- A customized dry-fit 2015 Alumni Game shirt
- Two tickets for the Hurricanes’ home game against the New York Rangers on March 21
- A DVD of the Alumni Fantasy Game, as called by John Forslund
- Access for four people to a post-game cocktail reception following the Alumni Fantasy Game
There are spots for 26 players and three goaltenders to participate in the Alumni Fantasy Game. Those slots will go on sale to season ticket holders, suite holders and corporate partners at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 10, and are first-come, first-served, with registration forms available here. Any remaining spots go on sale to the general public on Friday, Dec. 12. Players must be at least 18 years old and have hockey-playing experience. Any questions about the event prior to the on-sale may be directed to Shane Willis at email@example.com.
The Carolina Hurricanes Kids ‘N Community Foundation provides much needed funding to children’s charities and education programs throughout North Carolina. The Kids ‘N Community Foundation has funded scholarship programs, youth hockey, educational and literacy efforts, children’s health programs, the arts and other children’s related initiatives. During the 2013-14 season, the Kids ‘N Community Foundation donated $582,000 in grant monies to 32 North Carolina children’s non-profit organizations. Every member of the Hurricanes organization is actively involved in community activities and the Hurricanes take great pride in the ability to have a positive impact in our state.