Hurricanes alumni already committed to participate in the all of the reunion’s festivities include Rod Brind’Amour, Glen Wesley, Ray Whitney, Erik Cole, Bret Hedican, Kevyn Adams, Craig Adams, Niclas Wallin, Frantisek Kaberle, Mike Commodore and Andrew Hutchinson.
Activities planned surrounding the team’s home games on Feb. 12 and Feb. 13, are presented by Crabtree Valley Mall and include:
- Pre-game autograph sessions with the returning 2005-06 team members
- Commemorative posters for fans celebrating the 2005-06 Stanley Cup championship
- Red carpet arrivals prior to Friday night’s game
- Pre-game ceremony prior to Saturday night’s game
- Display of NHL trophies on the concourse, including the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe Trophy, Prince of Wales Trophy and Selke Trophy
The fifth annual Alumni Fantasy Game, presented by Lenovo, will take place on Sunday, Feb. 14, at 1 p.m., and all of the players listed above are expected to participate. The event will provide fans a chance to get a championship experience, skating in a game that includes many of the 2005-06 Hurricanes on the ice at PNC Arena. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Carolina Hurricanes Kids ‘N Community Foundation. Fans playing in the game will dress in the Hurricanes’ locker room and enjoy a game atmosphere in the arena, including Hurricanes Play-by-Play Announcer John Forslund’s call on the video board, Stormy, the MyEyeDr. Storm Squad and more. The game will be no-hitting, with three running-clock periods and full intermissions, and fans not participating on the ice are welcome to watch the game free of charge, with an optional contribution to the Kids ‘N Community Foundation at the door.
The entry fee for playing in the Alumni Fantasy Game is $4,000, and includes:
- Participation in the game on the ice, and the full game-day player experience
- Practice on the ice at PNC Arena on Friday, Feb. 12
- Two tickets for the Hurricanes’ home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 12
- Invitation to the “Team Announcement Party” with the Stanley Cup on Friday, Feb. 12
- Two tickets for the Hurricanes’ home game against the New York Islanders on Feb. 13
- A personalized Hurricanes jersey with special Alumni Game patch
- A DVD of the Alumni Fantasy Game, as called by John Forslund
- Access for four people to a post-game cocktail reception following the Alumni Fantasy Game
Spots in the Alumni Fantasy Game will go on sale to season ticket holders, suite holders and corporate partners at 10 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 30, and are first-come, first-served, with registration forms available at CarolinaHurricanes.com/alumnigame. Any remaining spots go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, Dec. 2. Players must be at least 18 years old and have hockey-playing experience. Any questions about the event prior to the on-sale may be directed to Shane Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org.