Hello All, I hope everyone is having a great day and summer!
The 4th annual Carolina Hurricanes Summer Fun Fest is upon us! We have had an exciting summer with the team and in the community. It is now time to come together at the RBC Center and talk about it on Friday, July 22. You all know the deal, it is for folks of all ages, life long Caniacs, new Caniacs or still trying to figure hockey and you just don’t know it yet but you are a Caniac. Long story short, this event has a little something for everyone and it kicks off at 5:30 p.m. See below for updates and additions
State of the Hurricanes (starts at 8:00 p.m.):
Hosted by John Forslund, the State of the Hurricanes will include forward Chad LaRose
and assistant coach Rod Brind’Amour. Both guys had an eventful summer and are gearing up for the season. Join us to hear it first hand and ask the guys some questions.
Game Viewing (starts at 9:00 p.m.):
Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals verse Buffalo was voted the game to watch via our online poll at carolinahurricanes.com last year. However, Mother Nature brought our event to an abrupt end, so we will give it another go this year. On a side note it is looking like a lovely night! Last year’s blog I said “I was watching the game yesterday and it brought back so many positive emotions from Brind’Amour's clutch goal, the energy in the RBC Center, the final horn going off, etc. Come relive the memories with us! Don’t forget to bring a blanket!” I think that all still holds true!
Activities (begin at 5:30 p.m.)
- We again have 10+ inflatables, sledding on snow and street hockey. This includes our 15-foot Hurricanes slide, the obstacle course, joust, mechanical bull, bungee run, moon bounce, boxing, tug of war, a few kiddie rides, ETC.!
- The artificial snow is back! We will have a five foot and nine foot ramp. Warm weather and snow- I love it!
- Hot N’ Cold Eating Extravaganza: Fans will have the opportunity to win two 12-game plans for the 2011-12 season. The Extravaganza challenges/dares participants to see who can eat a barbeque sandwich and ice cream sandwich the quickest. Participation is limited and there is a $10 entry fee with proceeds going to the Kids ‘N Community Foundation. We will host four sub heats at 6:00, 6:20, 6:40 and 7:00. The winners and four other quickest times will compete on the main stage @ 7:45 p.m. If you are interested in participating please sign up here. Space permitting fans can sign up day of the event. This will be hosted by Ron the Ref.
- Food: Free entertainment and food at these prices is hard to find! A family of four can eat for $16. Or you can go another route and get a meal with a couple adult beverages for under $10. Prove it you say? Just look below at these prices-
|Can Beer |
Assorted Can Sodas
Bottled Water 20oz
NC BBQ Sandwich
Beef Hot Dogs
Sausage with Pep/Onion
Small Dippin Dots
- Fans will be able to enter the RBC Center and see what seats are available for the 2011-2012 season.
- Stormy will be in attendance. He will be all around but you will be able to find him signing autographs from 6:15-7:00 p.m. next to the team store the Eye.
- The Back N' Time Band (www.backntimebandnc.com) will be playing from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- The team store, The Eye, will stay open until 9:00 p.m. and will be holding a sidewalk sale which includes a wide variety of All-Star swag at discounted prices. Also, if you haven’t stopped by lately Jeff Skinner Calder Trophy t-shirts are now available for $24.
- Representatives from Marbles Kid’s Museum will be here with activities. We have been working with Marbles for a number of years now and they will be bringing out some interactive fun from the Museum. I do not have any kids and I still love the place. Marbles is a must attend for all families!
- Representatives from the Charlotte Checkers will be in attendance including the team mascot Chubby.
- We will mark off an area in the parking lot, where kids will be able to draw with chalk and new this year, blow bubbles. Who doesn’t like drawing and blowing bubbles?
- The Kids N’ Community Foundation will be holding a silent auction and Canes mystery magnet pick-up. Silent Auction Items include:
Auction will run from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- ‘Canes Mystery Magnet Pick-Up: For a $20 donation, you can randomly choose an “I love hockey”magnet off of a table. On the back of each magnet is a prize of an autographed puck, player photo, or framed Hurricanes limited edition cast piece. Former and current Canes players represented in the ‘Canes Mystery Magnet Pick-Up include Joe Corvo, Tom Kostopoulos, Jeff Skinner, Eric Staal, Aaron Ward, Cam Ward and Niclas Wallin. Come early as there are a limited number of magnets available (magnets go on sale @ 5:30)
- Ashley C, Catherine, Shantel, Carrie, Maggie, Sophie and Ashley Virginia from the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad and Ron the Ref will be in attendance.
- Raffle items: Attendees will be able to enter to win a variety of autograph items for free.
- Items include- photos autographed by Jussi Jokinen, McBain and Staal, an NHL score sheet signed by Ward, poster signed by Tim Gleason, Staal and Sutter, Ruutu autographed bobblehead and more!
CLICK HERE for a complete schedule
Have a great day and I will see you all on the 22nd at the RBC Center! Craziness begins at 5:30 p.m.