VEGAS (December 3, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, December 3, the following roster transaction: the team has assigned goaltender Garret Sparks to the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Sparks made his Golden Knights debut against Colorado on October 25 and has appeared in a total of 38 NHL games. In the NHL, he has posted a 14-18-2 overall record to go with a 3.10 goals-against average and a 0.897 save percentage. This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in 12 games and owns a record of 4-7-1 to go with a 2.45 goals-against average and a 0.927 save percentage. During the 2018-19 season with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Sparks started 17 games and finished with a record of 8-9-1 with a 3.15 GAA and 0.902 save percentage. He was named the winner of the Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL's outstanding goaltender following the 2017-18 season after posting a 1.79 GAA and .936 save percentage to go with a 31-9-2 record. He backstopped the Toronto Marlies to a 2018 Calder Cup championship after posting a 14-5 record to go with a 2.22 GAA and 0.915 save percentage. The native of Elmhurst, Illinois was selected by Toronto in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and was acquired by the Golden Knights on July 23, 2019 in exchange for forward David Clarkson and a fourth-round selection in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Garret Sparks , Goaltender
Birthplace: Elmhurst, IL
Weight: 201 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Toronto Maple Leafs in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft
- Has appeared in 12 games during the 2019-20 season with the AHL's Chicago Wolves, recording a 2.45 goals-against average and .927 save percentage
- Started 17 games with the Maple Leafs during the 2018-19 season posting a record of 8-9-1 with a 3.15 goals-against average and .902 save percentage
- Collected first shutout against the Edmonton Oilers in NHL debut during the 2015-16 season
- Named the winner of the Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award, given to the AHL's most outstanding goaltender, for the 2017-18 season after posting a 1.79 GAA and .936 save percentage to go with a 31-9-2 record
- Won the 2018 Calder Cup with the Toronto Marlies, posting a 2.22 GAA in 19 playoff games
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.