VEGAS (July 9, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, July 9, that the team has signed goaltender Malcolm Subban to a one-year contract through the 2019-20 season worth an average annual value of $850,000.
"We are pleased to announce this one-year contract for Malcolm. He's been a valuable contributor to our team over the last two seasons," McPhee said. "We are excited to continue to work with Malcolm and help him reach his full potential as an NHL goaltender."
Subban, 25, appeared in 21 games for the Golden Knights during the 2019-20 season, making 20 starts. He finished the season with an 8-10-2 record to go with a 2.93 goals-against average and a .902 save percentage and recorded his first career shutout against the Winnipeg Jets on March 21, 2019.
In two seasons with Vegas, the Toronto, Ontario native boasts a 21-14-4 record to go with a 2.81 GAA and a .906 save percentage. Subban was claimed off waivers by the Golden Knights on October 3, 2017.
Malcolm Subban , Goaltender
Birthplace: Toronto, ON, Canada
Weight: 200 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Boston Bruins in the first round (24th overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft
- Started 20 games with the Golden Knights and posted an 8-10-2 record to go with a 2.93 goals-against average and .902 save percentage during the 2018-19 season.
- Recorded first career shutout vs. Winnipeg Jets on March 21, 2019
- Captured first career victory with Vegas against the Boston Bruins on October 15, 2017
- Has a 4-0 shootout record and has recorded 16 saves on 16 shot attempts
- Has appeared in 43 games for the Golden Knights with a 21-14-4 record, 2.81 goals-against average and .906 save percentage
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.