VEGAS (October 11, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, October 11, the following roster transaction: the team has assigned forward Nicolas Roy to the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Roy, who was assigned at the end of the Golden Knights training camp and recalled by the team on October 2, has yet to appear in an NHL game for Vegas. He has appeared in a total of seven NHL games - all with the Carolina Hurricanes - and has recorded two penalty minutes. Last season with the AHL's Charlotte Checkers, he finished with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games and ranked third on the team with five game-winning goals. He also appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games for the Checkers and helped lead the team to a Calder Cup championship. Roy finished tied for third on the team in playoff scoring with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes. In two seasons in the AHL, he amassed 74 points (28 G, 46 A) to go with 65 penalty minutes in 139 games.
The native of Amos, Quebec was selected by Carolina in the fourth round (96th overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
Nicolas Roy, Forward
Birthplace: Amos, QC, Canada
Weight: 200 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (96th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games
- Appeared in six games with the Carolina Hurricanes during the 2018-19 season
- Helped lead the Checkers to a Calder Cup championship in 2019, finishing with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes in 19 games, which tied for third on the team in scoring
- Led the Checkers in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs in short-handed goals with two
- Collected 38 points (11 G, 27 A) in 70 games for the Checkers in 2017-18 season
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.