VEGAS (January 21, 2020) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, January 21, the following roster transaction: the team has assigned defenseman Nic Hague and forward Nicolas Roy to the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Hague, who scored his first career NHL goal against the Boston Bruins, has appeared in 38 games for the Golden Knights and has 11 points (1 G, 10 A) to go with 32 penalty minutes. With the Wolves this season, he has appeared in five games, recording two assists. During the 2018-19 season with Chicago, he recorded 32 points (13 G, 19 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 75 regular-season games. Hague also helped lead the Wolves to the Calder Cup Final after finishing with 11 points (4 G, 7 A) to go with 31 penalty minutes in 22 playoff games.
The native of Kitchener, Ontario was selected by Vegas in the second round (34th overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Roy made his Golden Knights debut against Anaheim on October 27 and scored the first goal of his NHL career. He has appeared in 14 games with Vegas this season and has tallied five points (2 G, 3 A). This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in 24 games and has recorded 17 points (6 G, 11 A) to go with 10 penalty minutes. Last season with the AHL's Charlotte Checkers, Roy finished with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games and ranked third on the team with five game-winning goals. He also appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games for the Checkers and helped lead the team to a Calder Cup championship.
The native of Amos, Quebec was acquired by the Golden Knights along with a conditional fifth round draft pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft from Carolina in exchange for forward Erik Haula.
Nicolas Hague , Defenseman
Birthplace: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Weight: 221 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Vegas Golden Knights in the second round (34th overall) in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft
- Has recorded 11 points (1 G, 10 A) in 38 games with the Golden Knights during the 2019-20 season
- Scored first NHL goal on January 21 at Boston
- Made NHL debut with the Vegas Golden Knights on October 4 at San Jose
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League with 32 points (13 G, 19 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 75 games
- Helped lead the Wolves to a Calder Cup Final appearance in 2019, finishing with 11 points (4 G, 7 A) to go with 31 penalty minutes in 22 games
Nicolas Roy, Forward
Birthplace: Amos, QC, Canada
Weight: 200 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (96th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft
- Made Golden Knights debut against Anaheim (Oct. 27) and scored his first career NHL goal
- Has recorded five points (2 G, 3 A) to go with six penalty minutes in 14 games with Golden Knights this season
- Has appeared in 24 games for the Chicago Wolves this season and has recorded 17 points (6 G, 11 A) to go with 10 penalty minutes
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games
- Appeared in six games with the Carolina Hurricanes during the 2018-19 season
- Helped lead the Checkers to a Calder Cup championship in 2019, finishing with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes in 19 games, which tied for third on the team in scoring
- Led the Checkers in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs in short-handed goals with two
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.