VEGAS (October 28, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, October 28, the following roster transactions: the team has assigned defensemen Jake Bischoff and Nicolas Hague, forward Nicolas Roy and goaltender Garret Sparks to the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Bischoff made his NHL debut at Pittsburgh on October 19 and has appeared in four games this season for the Golden Knights, recording four penalty minutes. During the 2018-19 regular-season, he appeared in 60 games for the Chicago Wolves and accumulated 13 points (2 G, 11 A). During the 2019 Calder Cup playoffs, Bischoff appeared in 22 games for the Wolves and recorded five assists. The Cambridge, Minnesota native was acquired from the New York Islanders during the 2017 Expansion Draft and agreed to a three-year contract through the 2021-22 season with the Golden Knights on July 15, 2019.
Hague, who made his NHL debut on October 4 at San Jose, has appeared in eight games for the Golden Knights and recorded two assists. During the 2018-19 season with Chicago, he recorded 32 points (13 G, 19 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 75 regular-season games. Hague also helped lead the Wolves to the Calder Cup Final after recording 11 points (4 G, 7 A) to go with 31 penalty minutes in 22 playoff games. The native of Kitchener, Ontario was selected by Vegas in the second round (34th overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Roy made his Golden Knights debut against Anaheim on October 27 and scored the first goal of his NHL career. He has appeared in a total of eight NHL games, seven of which came with the Carolina Hurricanes. This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in three games. Last season with the AHL's Charlotte Checkers, Roy finished with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games and ranked third on the team with five game-winning goals. He also appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games for the Checkers and helped lead the team to a Calder Cup championship. Roy finished tied for third on the team in playoff scoring with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes. In two seasons in the AHL, he amassed 74 points (28 G, 46 A) to go with 65 penalty minutes in 139 games. The native of Amos, Quebec was acquired by the Golden Knights along with a conditional fifth round draft pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft from Carolina in exchange for forward Erik Haula.
Sparks made his Golden Knights debut against Colorado on October 25 and has appeared in a total of 38 NHL games. In the NHL, he has posted a 14-18-2 overall record to go with a 3.10 goals-against average and a 0.897 save percentage. This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in five games and owns a record of 2-2-1 to go with a 2.15 goals-against average and a 0.936 save percentage. During the 2018-19 season with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Sparks started 17 games and finished with a record of 8-9-1 with a 3.15 GAA and 0.902 save percentage. He was named the winner of the Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL's outstanding goaltender following the 2017-18 season after posting a 1.79 GAA and .936 save percentage to go with a 31-9-2 record. He backstopped the Toronto Marlies to a 2018 Calder Cup championship after posting a 14-5 record to go with a 2.22 GAA and 0.915 save percentage. The native of Elmhurst, Illinois was selected by Toronto in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and was acquired by the Golden Knights on July 23, 2019 in exchange for forward David Clarkson and a fourth-round selection in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Nicolas Hague, Defenseman
Birthplace: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Weight: 221 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Vegas Golden Knights in the second round (34th overall) in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft
- Made NHL debut with the Vegas Golden Knights on October 4 at San Jose
- Has recorded two assists in seven games with the Golden Knights during the 2019-20 season
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League with 32 points (13 G, 19 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 75 games
- Helped lead the Wolves to a Calder Cup Final appearance in 2019, finishing with 11 points (4 G, 7 A) to go with 31 penalty minutes in 22 games
Jake Bischoff , Defenseman
Birthplace: Cambridge, Minnesota
Weight: 194 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the New York Islanders in the seventh round (185th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft
- Made NHL debut at Pittsburgh (Oct. 19) and has appeared in four NHL games for the Golden Knights
- Appeared in 60 games during the 2019-20 season for the Chicago Wolves, posting 13 points (2 G, 11 A) to go with 20 penalty minutes
- Recorded 23 points (7 G, 16 A) to go with 34 penalty minutes in 69 games with the AHL's Chicago Wolves during the 2017-18 season
- Suited up for the Minnesota Golden Gophers for four seasons (2013-17), finishing with 68 points (17 G, 51 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 139 games
Nicolas Roy , Forward
Birthplace: Amos, QC, Canada
Weight: 200 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (96th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft
- Made Golden Knights debut against Anaheim (Oct. 27) and scored his first career NHL goal
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games
- Appeared in six games with the Carolina Hurricanes during the 2018-19 season
- Helped lead the Checkers to a Calder Cup championship in 2019, finishing with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes in 19 games, which tied for third on the team in scoring
- Led the Checkers in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs in short-handed goals with two
- Collected 38 points (11 G, 27 A) in 70 games for the Checkers in 2017-18 season
Garret Sparks , Goaltender
Birthplace: Elmhurst, IL
Weight: 201 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Toronto Maple Leafs in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft
- Started five games during the 2019-20 season with the AHL's Chicago Wolves, recording a 2.15 goals-against average and .936 save percentage
- Started 17 games with the Maple Leafs during the 2018-19 season posting a record of 8-9-1 with a 3.15 goals-against average and .902 save percentage
- Has appeared in a total of 37 games in his NHL career, all with Toronto
- Collected first shutout against the Edmonton Oilers in NHL debut during the 2015-16 season
- Named the winner of the Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award, given to the AHL's most outstanding goaltender, for the 2017-18 season after posting a 1.79 GAA and .936 save percentage to go with a 31-9-2 record
- Won the 2018 Calder Cup with the Toronto Marlies, posting a 2.22 GAA in 19 playoff games
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.