VEGAS (October 23, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, October 23, the following roster transactions: the team has recalled defenseman Nicolas Hague and goaltender Garret Sparks from the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves and has assigned goaltender Oscar Dansk to Chicago.
Hague, who made his NHL debut on October 4 at San Jose, helped lead Wolves to a 3-2 victory over the Texas Stars on Wednesday. He has appeared in seven games for the Golden Knights and recorded two assists. During the 2018-19 season with Chicago, he recorded 32 points (13 G, 19 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 75 regular-season games. Hague also helped lead the Wolves to the Calder Cup Final after recording 11 points (4 G, 7 A) to go with 31 penalty minutes in 22 playoff games. The native of Kitchener, Ontario was selected by Vegas in the second round (34th overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Sparks has appeared in a total of 37 NHL games - all with the Toronto Maple Leafs - and has posted a 14-18-2 overall record to go with a 3.09 goals-against average and a 0.898 save percentage. This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in five games and owns a record of 2-2-1 to go with a 2.15 goals-against average and a 0.936 save percentage. During the 2018-19 season with the Maple Leafs, Sparks started 17 games and finished with a record of 8-9-1 with a 3.15 GAA and 0.902 save percentage. He was named the winner of the Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL's outstanding goaltender following the 2017-18 season after posting a 1.79 GAA and .936 save percentage to go with a 31-9-2 record. He backstopped the Toronto Marlies to a 2018 Calder Cup championship after posting a 14-5 record to go with a 2.22 GAA and 0.915 save percentage. The native of Elmhurst, Illinois was selected by Toronto in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and was acquired by the Golden Knights on July 23, 2019 in exchange for forward David Clarkson and a fourth-round selection in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Dansk, who has made one appearance for the Golden Knights this season, sported a 27-13-2 record during the 2018-19 season to go with a 2.46 GAA and a 0.913 save percentage during the regular-season with the Wolves. He appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games with Chicago and had a 10-9 record to go with 2.48 GAA and a 0.911 save percentage, helping lead the Wolves to the Calder Cup Final. During the 2017-18 season, the Stockholm, Sweden native appeared in four games with the Golden Knights, going 3-0-0 with a 1.78 GAA and a 0.946 save percentage. With Chicago, Dansk was 13-3-2 with a 2.44 GAA and a 0.918 save percentage. Dansk originally signed with the Golden Knights on July 1, 2017 and re-signed with the team on July 6, 2018.
Nicolas Hague, Defenseman
Birthplace: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Weight: 221 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Vegas Golden Knights in the second round (34th overall) in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft
- Made NHL debut with the Vegas Golden Knights on October 4 at San Jose
- Has recorded two assists in seven games with the Golden Knights during the 2019-20 season
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League with 32 points (13 G, 19 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 75 games
- Helped lead the Wolves to a Calder Cup Final appearance in 2019, finishing with 11 points (4 G, 7 A) to go with 31 penalty minutes in 22 games
Garret Sparks, Goaltender
Birthplace: Elmhurst, IL
Weight: 201 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Toronto Maple Leafs in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft
- Started five games during the 2019-20 season with the AHL's Chicago Wolves, recording a 2.15 goals-against average and .936 save percentage
- Started 17 games with the Maple Leafs during the 2018-19 season posting a record of 8-9-1 with a 3.15 goals-against average and .902 save percentage
- Has appeared in a total of 37 games in his NHL career, all with Toronto
- Collected first shutout against the Edmonton Oilers in NHL debut during the 2015-16 season
- Named the winner of the Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award, given to the AHL's most outstanding goaltender, for the 2017-18 season after posting a 1.79 GAA and .936 save percentage to go with a 31-9-2 record
- Won the 2018 Calder Cup with the Toronto Marlies, posting a 2.22 GAA in 19 playoff games
Oscar Dansk , Goaltender
Birthplace: Stockholm, SWE
Draft: Selected by Columbus Blue Jackets in the second round (31st overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft
- Has appeared in five career NHL games with the Vegas Golden Knights posting a 3-1-0 record to go with a 2.89 goals-against average and .915 save percentage
- Sported a 27-13-2 record during the 2018-19 season to go with a 2.46 GAA and a 0.913 save percentage during the regular-season with the AHL's Chicago Wolves
- Appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games with the Wolves and had a 10-9 record to go with 2.48 GAA and a 0.911 save percentage, helping lead the Wolves to a Calder Cup final appearance
- Recorded a career-high 32 saves en route to first career shutout against Colorado on October 27, 2017
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.