VEGAS (February 25, 2018) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, February 25, the following roster transaction: the team has acquired forward Mark Stone and prospect Tobias Lindberg from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Vegas Golden Knights forward Oscar Lindberg , Vegas Golden Knights prospect Erik Brannstrom and a 2020 Second Round draft pick (originally belonging to Dallas
The 26-year-old Stone is a veteran of 366 NHL games - all with the Senators - and has tallied 123 goals and 188 assists for 311 points in his NHL career. He has also appeared in 27 playoff games for Ottawa with five goals and eight assists in those postseason contests. This season, Stone has recorded a career-high 28 goals and 34 assists for 62 points in 59 games. He has recorded 20 goals or more in five consecutive seasons and last year finished with 20 goals and a career-high 42 assists for 62 points in 58 games.
The native of Winnipeg, Manitoba spent the last two seasons as an alternate captain for the Senators. In 2016, Stone recorded 10 points (4 G, 6 A) in 10 games to help lead Team Canada to a gold medal during the 2016 IIHF World Championship.
Stone was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the Sixth Round (178th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Tobias Lindberg rejoins the Vegas Golden Knights after originally being traded to Vegas on October 6, 2017. Lindberg spent the entire 2017-18 season with the Chicago Wolves but was traded to Pittsburgh on February 23, 2018. On December 5, 2018, he was traded to Ottawa. The native of Stockholm, Sweden has appeared in six NHL games, all with the Toronto Maple Leafs during the 2015-16 season and has recorded two assists. In 34 AHL games this season with the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins and Belleville Senators, he has recorded 12 points (5 G, 7 A) to go with 16 penalty minutes.
Oscar Lindberg appeared in 98 games for the Golden Knights after being selected by Vegas during the 2017 Expansion Draft from the New York Rangers. As a Golden Knight, he recorded 23 points (13 G, 10 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes. Brannstrom was drafted by the Golden Knights in the First Round (15th overall) in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. He has spent the 2018-19 season with Vegas' American Hockey League affiliate, the Chicago Wolves, and has recorded 28 points (7 G, 21 A) to go with 36 penalty minutes.
Mark Stone, Forward
Birthplace: Winnipeg, MB
Weight: 219 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Ottawa Senators in the Sixth Round (178th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Tallied 311 points (123 G, 188 A) to go with 115 penalty minutes in 366 games over the course of seven seasons with the Ottawa Senators
- Has scored a career-high 28 goals this season and has 62 points (28 G, 34 A), which is two points shy of career-high set during the 2014-15 season
- Scored 20 or more goals in five consecutive seasons
- Recorded 10 points (4 G, 6 A) in 10 games to lead Canada to a gold medal during the 2016 IIHF World Championship
- Made NHL debut and recorded first career NHL assist on April 21, 2012 during the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs at the New York Rangers
- Spent four seasons with the Western Hockey League's Brandon Wheat Kings, under Vegas Golden Knights Assistant General Manager Kelly McCrimmon
Tobias Lindberg, Forward
Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden
Weight: 215 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Ottawa Senators in the Fourth Round (102th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft
- Won the 2015 Memorial Cup with the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League
- During the 2014-15 season with Oshawa, skated in 67 games and tallied 32 goals and 46 assists. Recorded 19 points in 21 playoff games (7-12=19)
- Played in the Djugardens IF organization in Sweden from J18 through the Swedish Elite League
- Has 85 career AHL points (32 G, 53 A) in 208 career AHL games
TRANSACTION: Vegas Golden Knights acquire forward Mark Stone and prospect Tobias Lindberg from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Vegas Golden Knights forward Oscar Lindberg, Vegas Golden Knights prospect Erik Brannstrom and a 2020 Second Round draft pick (originally belonging to Dallas).
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.