VEGAS (April 22, 2020) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, April 22, that the team has signed forward Nicolas Roy to a two-year contract extension worth an average annual value of $750,000.
Roy made his Golden Knights debut against Anaheim on October 27 and scored the first goal of his NHL career. He has appeared in 28 games with Vegas this season and has tallied 10 points (5 G, 5 A) to go with eight penalty minutes. This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in 27 games and has recorded 22 points (7 G, 15 A) to go with 10 penalty minutes. Last season with the AHL's Charlotte Checkers, Roy finished with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games and ranked third on the team with five game-winning goals. He also appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games for the Checkers and helped lead the team to a Calder Cup championship. The native of Amos, Quebec was acquired by the Golden Knights along with a conditional fifth round draft pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft from Carolina in exchange for forward Erik Haula.
Nicolas Roy , Forward
Birthplace: Amos, Quebec
Weight: 200 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (96th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft
- Has recorded 10 points (5 G, 5 A) to go with eight penalty minutes in 28 games with Golden Knights this season
- Made Golden Knights debut against Anaheim (Oct. 27) and scored his first career NHL goal
- Has appeared in 27 games for the Chicago Wolves this season and has recorded 22 points (7 G, 15 A) to go with 10 penalty minutes
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games
- Appeared in six games with the Carolina Hurricanes during the 2018-19 season Helped lead the Checkers to a Calder Cup championship in 2019, finishing with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes in 19 games, which tied for third on the team in scoring
- Led the Checkers in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs in short-handed goals with two
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.