VEGAS golden knights teacher appreciation CONTEST ("CONTEST")
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST.
By entering into the Contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules ("Official Rules") and the decisions of Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC (dba Vegas Golden Knights) ("Sponsor") which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
The Contest is presented by the American First Credit Union ("Presenter") in conjunction with the Sponsor.
The Contest will begin at 8:00 a.m. PST on September 21, 2018 and will end at 3:00 p.m. PST on February 15, 2019 ("Contest Period").
1. Eligibility. To be eligible to compete in the Contest, entries must be received by Sponsor by the conclusion of the Contest Period and must meet these eligibility requirements. All participants must be legal residents of the State of Nevada and a current teacher of the Clark County School District and must be able to provide valid proof of status as a current teacher of the Clark County School District and a Nevada-issued identification. Any attempt by any person to submit more than one entry will void all of that person's entries and that person will be disqualified. Sponsor and Presenter, and each of their respective officers, employees, directors and subsidiaries (collectively, "Sponsor Entities") are not eligible. Participants must have the legal right and any and all permissions necessary to submit the Entry Materials, including all permissions of all persons included in the submitted photo, for themselves and by participating in the Contest, each participant agrees that he/she has all rights necessary to enter and participate in this Contest and grant to Sponsor the rights described in these Official Rules. If a participant is unable to participate in the Contest as requested by the Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to deem that participant's entry forfeited in its entirety and that participant will be disqualified. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
2. How to Enter. Teachers of the Clark County School District may be nominated by their peers by submitting the below information via the Official Vegas Golden Knights website at https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/community/teacherappreciation Teacher nominations should include a summary of why the nominee should receive the Prize and any additional information to support the submission, demonstrating why the nominee is a "game changer" including pictures, links to websites or articles or words of recommendation from multiple sources such as the nominee's peers, supervisors, students, parent and/or community representatives. The entry form must include the following information: (a) the nominee's Full Name; (b) Subject and Grade Taught; (c) School Name; (d) School Address, (e) School Phone Number; (f) a statement describing how the nominee has made a positive impact in the lives of their students; (g) a statement describing how the nominee has gone above and beyond to make their classroom great; (h) Nominator Full Name; (i) Nominator e-mail address; (j) Nominator phone number; and (k) Nominator relation to Nominee (teacher, principal, dean, etc.).
All entries must be complete and received by the conclusion of the Contest Period. Odds of winning the prize described in these Official Rules depend on the number of eligible entries received by the conclusion of the Contest Period. Sponsor is not responsible for late or misdirected entries, or for electronic, network, computer, hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties. Entries must be developed in good taste, and shall not contain content that is obscene or indecent, and shall not include profanity, drugs, alcohol, phone numbers, offensive or derogatory statements that may be offensive to individuals of a specific race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, or other content deemed inappropriate by Sponsor. In the event any entry is deemed inappropriate by Sponsor, that entry will be deemed ineligible
3. Sponsor's Use of Entries and Related Materials. By submitting an entry, each participant agrees to and irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor any and all right, title and interest that the participant has or may have in all entry materials and all other related materials provided to Sponsor or otherwise prepared in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials") in any way, which may or may not include the teacher's and/or nominator's name, voice, image, photograph, likeness, city and state of residence. The Entry Materials will not be returned to any participant and Sponsor has no obligation to provide Teacher with copies of Entry Materials. Each participant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of, trademark or otherwise register, and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to any participant or any other person or entity or prior approval by participant or any other person or entity. Each participant agrees to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth in this Paragraph 3.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) winner will be selected by the Vegas Golden Knights for each home game listed below in paragraph 6. There will be a total of four (4) winners, one (1) winner for each home game listed below in paragraph 6. Sponsor will review all eligible and complete entries, approximately two weeks prior to the start of each home game listed below in paragraph 6, based upon Sponsor's determination of which participant's entry demonstrated the most positive impact in the nominee's classroom, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
5. Winner Notification. Each winner will be notified by Vegas Golden Knights ("VGK - CRD") by telephone and email using the telephone number and email address provided at time of entry. VGK - CRD will make three (3) attempts to contact the winner by the method described above within three (3) business days after they were determined to be the winner. If VGK - CRD is unable to reach the winner by the method described above within five (5) days of Sponsor's first notification, that winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined from all remaining eligible entries based upon the criteria described in these Official Rules. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason.
6. Prize. The winner shall receive the following prize ("Prize"):
Each winner will receive (2) tickets to a regular season Vegas Golden Knights home game (on one of the following dates: 10/28/18, 12/9/18, 1/6/19, or 3/3/19), a designated amount of school supplies, and be presented with a classroom donation in the amount of $1,000 cash or check from Presenter (the approximate total retail value of the Prize is $1,000).
7. Limitation of Liability; No Warranties and Release. By entering into this Contest you accept and agree that (a) Sponsor Entities and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents do not have and will not have any liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest related activity; or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) the prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.); (c) Sponsor and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents will have no liability whatsoever for entries that are late, incomplete or not received for any reason; and (d) except where legally prohibited, winners grant (and agree to confirm the grant in writing) permission for Sponsor, its companies, advertising and promotion agencies and those acting under their authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation.
8. Disqualification and Cancellation of Contest. At any time during the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and eliminate any entry, Entry Materials or other submission from a participant for any reason, including but not limited to, because Sponsor believes the entry or Entry Materials do not comply with these Official Rules, because the winner refuses to cooperate in executing any applicable releases, waivers or consent to conduct a background investigation or because Sponsor is not satisfied with the results of a background investigation. In the event that a Contest Winner is disqualified after the Contest, an alternate Contest winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries, if practicable. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules, or terminate, suspend or modify the Contest, in its sole discretion, for any reason. The dates and times set forth in these Official Rules are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion and in the event of any such change, Sponsor will notify the Teacher by posting the change on the Website.
9. Cash Value and Taxes. Contest Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, and applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with claiming or using the prize. Unless otherwise specified herein, no Prize can be redeemed for cash or replaced if lost or stolen. Sponsor Entities reserve the right to replace and/or substitute a like prize of equal value, should the Prize specified in these Official Rules, or any portion thereof be unavailable, for any reason.
10. Winners List. Sponsor will maintain all records relating to the Contest as required by law. For the name of the Contest winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your written request to the address below to the attention of Marketing Department: Vegas Golden Knights Teacher Appreciation Contest within six (6) weeks after the Contest
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Contest is void where prohibited or where restricted beyond the restrictions set forth in these Official Rules, by law. Sponsor does not warrant that the Contest is valid in any particular state or jurisdiction. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations shall apply. ALL ISSUES CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND/OR ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS, SPONSOR(S) AND/OR SPONSOR ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEVADA WITHOUT GIVING ANY EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS. ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST GIVES EACH PARTICIPANT'S CONSENT TO THE SOLE JURISDICTION OF THE SUPERIOR COURTS OF CLARK COUNTY, STATE OF NEVADA.
12. Sponsor. Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC (dba Vegas Golden Knights), City National Arena 1550 S. Pavilion Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89135.