* The Flyers face off against the Bruins for the first of two preseason meetings… It is the fifth preseason game for the Flyers (2-2-0) and fourth for the Bruins (1-1-1)… Every preseason game for the Flyers has resulted in a shut out, while two of the three Bruins preseason games have gone past regulation.
* This is the first time that the Flyers and Bruins have faced each other in the preseason in over 14 years.
* Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol said that Michal Neuvirth will get the start in net tonight and the plan is for him to play the full game.
* The Flyers defensemen tonight have a combined average age of 23.1 years old with Travis Sanheim, Philippe Myers and Ivan Provorov all in the lineup.
* Hakstol stated that he is excited to see how the young players perform tonight: "They've continually elevated their games as the competition got tougher and tougher so tonight is the next challenge for them."
* The Flyers lineup features 12 players who will be playing their third preseason game (Jordan Weal, Scott Laughton, Boyd Gordon, Nick Cousins, Roman Lyubimov, Travis Konecny, Chris VandeVelde, Michael Del Zotto, Andrew MacDonald, Travis Sanheim, Philippe Myers, Ivan Provorov).
"Looking back to when I was a young guy. You go in there and you're excited to get to play with guys like Jake Voracek," said Brayden Schenn. "I'm sure there's a lot of excitement for them and from our end too. It's always fun watching them develop."
* Four Flyers will get into their first preseason game (Sean Couturier, Shayne Gostisbehere, Michal Neuvirth and Jakub Voracek).
* Travis Konecny was on a line with Couturier at center and Voracek on the wing.
"He showed last year in camp, he played one game, but he played amazing. He's a quick player and always works hard," said Voracek of Konecny.
* For Voracek it will be his first game action in nine days coming off his last contest in the World Cup of Hockey. Voracek is happy to be back in the locker room and getting ready to begin the season.
"I don't like the long breaks," added Voracek. "Playing at home against Boston I was very excited for this time and it feels like the end of summer and the beginning of the season is [moving] quicker and quicker."
Below is a full roster for tonight's game:
10 Brayden Schenn
14 Sean Couturier
17 Wayne Simmonds
19 Jordan Weal
21 Scott Laughton
22 Dale Weise
27 Boyd Gordon
52 Nick Cousins
60 Roman Lyubimov
63 Travis Konecny
76 Chris VandeVelde
93 Jakub Voracek
15 Michael Del Zotto
47 Andrew MacDonald
53 Shayne Gostisbehere
57 Travis Sanheim
61 Philippe Myers
64 Ivan Provorov
30 Michal Neuvirth
35 Steve Mason