Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Flyers 4, NY Rangers 2 at Wells Fargo Center
- The Flyers completed the preseason with a perfect record at the Wells Fargo Center, going 3-0-0… They scored a combined 13 goals in the three games.
- Captain Claude Giroux made his return to the line-up after sitting out the first six games due to a lower-body injury and appeared in 16 shifts for 16:53 of ice-time and had one shot on net.
GIROUX: “I just wanted to get the feel of the game. I don’t want to force it either, I don’t want to play twenty-two minutes, but I think it was good; being able to move around and get the feel of the puck.”
- Mark Streit now has six assists and seven points in three preseason games to lead the Flyers… He recorded 19:53 of ice-time but took the most shifts (25) of any Flyers in the game.
- Matt Read factored into three of the Flyers’ four goals on the night, recording an empty-net goal and two assists to give him four points (2g-2a) in four preseason games.
- Wayne Simmonds posted a goal and an assist in the contest, his first two points of the preseason, while defenseman Nick Grossmann prevented a Rangers scoring opportunity on the goal line in the first period and then scored the Flyers second goal of the night — his first of the preseason — in the second period.
- The Flyers were 1-for-4 on the power play and finished the man advantage on home ice going 8-for-16 (50 percent)… In total, they are now 9-for-28 on the preseason (32.1 percent).
- Ray Emery appeared in his first full game of the preseason and first since battling a lower-body injury… He stopped 24 of 26 shots, include 10 of 11 in the third period.
EMERY: "I feel good, health is the most important part. I feel good health wise and tonight I wanted to focus on the mental part of the game, staying focused for a full 60 minutes cause like you said I only played 30 before.”