1. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
Sebastien Aho had a hat trick to power the Hurricanes past the Flyers in the first game after the All-Star break.
Aho scored the first two goals in the first period to give Carolina the 2-0 advantage at the first intermission, and after Jeff Skinner added a third goal with just over 3 ½ minutes left in the second, Aho completed the hat trick with a power play tally with 1:55 left in the frame.
Justin Faulk added a goal in the third before Brayden Schenn scored his 100th career goal on the power play just after the halfway point of the third. Steve Mason stopped 23 shots in the loss, while Cam Ward made 15 saves to earn the win.
2. TURNING POINT
Jeff Skinner's goal to put the Canes up 3-0 was tonight's turning point. In what could have been a penalty on Carolina, turned into a goal to put the Flyers down by three and maintained the Hurricanes momentum to head into the third period with a comfortable four-goal lead.
3. THREE STARS
1 - Sebastien Aho: The rookie recorded his first career hat trick to go along with his first career four-point game.
2 - Elias Lindholm: Posted two assists and a +1 rating on three shots.
3 - Teuvo Teravainen: Also recorded two assists and logged over four minutes of TOI on the power play.
4. STATISTICALLY SPEAKING
* Per the Elias Sports Bureau, the six shots the Flyers had through two periods are the fewest they have had in the first two periods of a game since December 4, 1968, when they had five in a 3-1 loss at Los Angeles.
The Flyers had 37 total shot attempts in the game, which is their third fewest total of the season. The others:
12/22/16 @ NJD 35 (16S, 12 A/B, 7 M)
11/22/16 @ FLA 36 (24S, 4 A/B, 4 M)
* Brayden Schenn scored his 100th goal in the NHL tonight, 40 of which have come on the power play and 24 have been game-winning goals.Video: PHI@CAR: Schenn nets his 100th career goal
* The Flyers blocked 20 Carolina shots and forced 26 Carolina giveaways.
* Brandon Manning was credited with five hits, while Ivan Provorov was credited with five blocked shots.
* Provorov led the Flyers in ice time with 21:28… He has recorded over 21 minutes of TOI in 21 of his last 25 games.
5. THEY SAID IT
Video: Steve Mason on the team's play after the loss
Video: Dave Hakstol's postgame press conference