1. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
Four different Flyers recorded goals and Steve Mason earned his 200th win in the NHL against his former club as the Flyers doubled up the Columbus Blue Jackets, 4-2, at the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday afternoon.
After an award ceremony, and an emotional moment of silence for Alumnus Ilkka Sinisalo, the Flyers came storming out to grab a two-goal lead after tallies from Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and Michael Del Zotto.
Columbus closed the gap to within one a minute into the second period with a power-play goal from Seth Jones, but Jakub Voracek regained the Flyers lead on a power play of their own. Ivan Provorov stretched the Flyers lead to 4-1 until Boone Jenner snuck one through Mason with four minutes left to get one back for the Blue Jackets.
The team's skated scoreless in the third period as Steve Mason shut the door with 20 saves in the game, while Sergei Bobrovsky allied four goals on 24 shots in the loss.
2. TURNING POINT
Jakub Voracek's 20th goal of the season marked today's turning point… With the Flyers on the power play and Columbus recently cutting their lead in half, Voracek took an outstanding cross-ice, no-look feed from Claude Giroux, skated towards the slot and slid a sneaky shot through the legs of Sergei Bobrovsky… The goal re-established the two-goal lead and turned out to be the game winner.Video: CBJ@PHI: Voracek shows great patience before PPG
3. THREE STARS
1 - Ivan Provorov: Recorded his 7th goal of his rookie season and logged over 21 minutes of ice time after being named the Barry Ashbee Trophy winner as the team's most outstanding defenseman for the 16-17 season.
Video: CBJ@PHI: Couturier deflects Provorov's wrister home2 - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare: Recorded the first Flyers goal, won the Gene Hart Memorial Award for the Flyers who plays with the most "Heart" during the 2016-17 Season.
3 - Steve Mason: Stopped 20 of 22 shots, including all 10 he faced in the third period, to record his 200th NHL win.
4. STATISTICALLY SPEAKING
* The Flyers recorded their sixth straight home victory today, having outscored their opponent, 23-10.
* Brayden Schenn extended his point streak on home ice to 10 consecutive games with two assists in today's game… He now has 13 points (5g-8a) during the streak.
* Wayne Simmonds led the Flyers with six shots on goal, accounting for 25 percent of the team's 24 shots, and eight total shot attempts. He also led the team with five hits.
* Claude Giroux was 7 for 8 on faceoffs and is now 86-for-141 (61 percent) over his last seven games.
* Brandon Manning participated in his ninth fight of the season in today's game to lead the Flyers.
* The Flyers have a quick turnaround, playing their last game of the 2016-17 regular season Sunday night when they host the Carolina Hurricanes (7:00 p.m., CSN & 97.5 The Fanatic).
5. THEY SAID IT
"It means a lot. It was a huge honor. Lots of good defenseman won this award in the past. I couldn't have done this alone without my teammates. All the D partners I have played with. So just a huge thanks to them. We will keep getting better. I will keep getting better and we will see what happens."
- Ivan ProvorovVideo: Postgame Provorov Interview
"I think that's the league. It's tough if you're chasing games no matter who you are. That's why getting off to a good start, scoring the first goal, was positive for us tonight. We were able to carry it through."
- Dave Hakstol