HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
The Stars jumped on the Flyers early and often, recording four unanswered goals, to post a 6-2 win on Tuesday night in Dallas.
The Stars jumped out to a 2-0 lead and led after 20 minutes off goals from Jason Dickinson and Esa Lindell, but the Flyers stormed back to tie it up halfway through the second as Oskar Lindblom and Shayne Gostisbehere tallied.
Alexander Radulov scored to extend his goal-scoring streak to four straight games, while Tyler Pitlick restored the two-goal lead after 40 minutes of action... The Stars added two more goals in the third, within a 10-second span, and Anton Khudobin stopped 32 of 34 shots for the win. Cam Talbot made 24 saves in the loss.
Stars of the Game:
1 - Alexander Radulov (2g-2a)
2 - Esa Lindell (1g-1a)
3 - Anton Khudobin (32 saves)
A pair of goals two minutes apart late in the second period doomed the Flyers in this one. Having just battled back to knot it at 2-2, the Flyers quickly surrendered the goals with less than three minutes to go, and with it, had to chase again in the third period.
1) It took only 1:34 for the Starts to open the scoring. The Flyers turned the puck over in the neutral zone, Dallas countered and Jason Dickinson wired a shot home to the long side off a feed from Tyler Seguin. At 4:14, Esa Lindell was wide open in the slot and made a nifty between-the-legs deflection for 2-0 lead.
2) Cam Talbot made one save off his mask. Anton Khudobin's best save was on a point-blank chance for Travis Sanheim at 7:44. Shot totals aside, it was a sloppy period for the Flyers. The issues of puck management and a quick early multi-goal deficit reared their heads again, as has happened too often down the stretch (both before and after mathematical elimination).
3) The second period was a dominant one for the Flyers, at least until the latter stages. The Flyers broke through when Nolan Patrick took the puck hard to the net -- something he needs to do more consistently come next season -- and Oskar Lindblom cleaned up in front to make it 2-1 at 1:13. Video: PHI@DAL: Gostisbehere ties game with PPG
4) A few minutes later, Couturier partially flubbed on a potential slam-dunk shot from point-blank range off a cross-crease pass by Shayne Gostisbehere. He put it off the side of the net. JVR then had two cracks at the puck in front but Khudobin was there to make the save. Later Khudobin made a 10-bell save on Giroux... Ghost ripped home a point shot through traffic to tie the game at 2-2 at the 11:33 mark of the second period.
5) With Nolan Patrick in the box for interference, the Stars retook the lead at 16:49. Seguin's pass through the box got across to Radulov... On a 4-on-4, the Flyers coverage broke down and Tyler Pitlick scored on the back end of a tic-tac-toe sequence to restore Dallas' two-goal lead... A frustrated and disheartened Flyers team got crushed in a lopsided third period.
JUST THE STATS
* The Flyers ended the season series against the Stars with a 1-1-0 record with each team winning on home ice.
* Oskar Lindblom scored his 15th goal of the season - he has 11 of those 15 goals in the 34 games since Jan. 16... His 11 goals are also tied for the lead among all NHL rookies in goals since that date.Video: PHI@DAL: Lindblom sweeps puck by Khudobin
* Travis Konecny picked up an assist on Lindblom's goal, giving him 48 points on the year which is a new career high.
* The Flyers power play has recorded a goal in five of their last eight games, going 5-for-20 (25%) in that span.
THEY SAID IT
Video: Hear from Gordon following loss to DallasVideo: Hear from the players following loss to DAL