1. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
The Flyers rebounded from a 2-0 deficit to tie things up early in the third period and eventually took a 3-2 overtime win.
Nick Leddy and Alan Quine scored goals in the first and second period to give the Islanders the 2-0 lead, which Wayne Simmonds started chipping away at with a tally at 14:10 of the second period.
Ivan Provorov then knotted the score 1:47 into the third period, setting the stage for an overtime where Claude Giroux converted a feed from Shayne Gostisbehere to snap a 13-game goalless drought. Steve Mason stopped 36 shots in the win, while Thomas Greiss fended off 44 of the Flyers' 47 bids. Video: PHI@NYI: Gostisbehere finds Giroux for OT winner
2. TURNING POINT
Tonight's turning point hinged on the second period goal from Wayne Simmonds, which finally got the Flyers on the board and closed the gap to 2-1 heading into the third period… Simmonds' tally gave the Flyers momentum and the team rode the wave to tie it early in the third and eventually post the winner in the overtime to grab the full two points in the wild card race.
3. THREE STARS
1 - Claude Giroux: Had six shots on goal, logged over 20 minutes of ice time and scored the game-winning goal.Video: Giroux talks about his game-winner in OT
2 - Wayne Simmonds: Got the Flyers on the board with his 19th goal of the year and added an assist as well as a +1 rating.
3 - Thomas Greiss: Faced 47 shots on goal, the second most he's faced all season, making 44 saves.
4. STATISTICALLY SPEAKING
* The Flyers had a total of 168 shot attempts over the two-game weekend - 83 tonight and 85 last night. The 47 shots on goal mark the fourth time this month and the 10th this season that the Flyers have had 40 or more shots in a game.
* Claude Giroux scored his second game-winning goal in overtime this season and ninth of his NHL career.
* Ivan Provorov scored, led the Flyers with seven shots on goal, and had 10 total shot attempts. Jake Voracek also had 10 total shot attempts.
* The win was Steve Mason's 93rd as a Flyer, which ties him with Wayne Stephenson for third all-time in Flyers history.Video: PHI@NYI: Mason gloves aside Tavares' OT breakaway try
* The Flyers snapped a nine-game road winless streak. They avoided a 10-game road winless skid for what would have been the first time in 25 years, since they went 0-8-2 from Dec. 27 to Feb. 4, 1992.
5. THEY SAID ITVideo: Steve Mason on big saves and OT win at Islanders
Video: Coach Hakstol on the 3-2 OT win over Islanders