1. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
Matt Read scored with two seconds remaining, but it wasn't enough as the Jets tallied twice in the third period on their way to a 3-2 victory over the Flyers.
The first period wrapped up in a pretty evenly contested fashion with scoring chances on both sides and the Jets outshooting the Flyers, 8-7. The Flyers struck first early in the second with Wayne Simmonds making a nifty pass, finding Jordan Weal in the crease, who potted his fourth of the season.
The Jets fought back with a power-play goal from Mathieu Perreault, but the Flyers escaped the second period by killing off six minutes in penalties, including a four-minute double minor after a high stick from Ivan Provorov.
Blake Wheeler and Mark Scheifele tallied even strength goals in the third period to take a two-goal lead, while Matt Read brought it within one goal but with just two seconds remaining on the clock. Steve Mason absorbed the loss with 30 saves on 33 shots.
2. TURNING POINT
Mark Scheifele's goal in the third period to give the Jets a two-goal lead proved to be the difference maker as the Jets sat back for the final 6:09 left in regulation to preserve the lead. Scheifele's tally made Matt Read's goal with two seconds remaining too little too late.
3. THREE STARS
1 - Blake Wheeler: Recorded a goal and two assists to extend his point streak to four straight games where he has seven points (2g-5a).
2 - Mark Scheifele: Also recorded a goal and two assists, including the game-winning tally, to give him 74 points on the season.
3 - Michael Hutchinson: Stopped 24 of 26 shots for his second straight win.
4. STATISTICALLY SPEAKING
* The Flyers dropped their first game at Winnipeg in their last seven meetings.
* Jordan Weal recorded the first Flyers goal… He now has all four of his goals and five points in his last nine games played.Video: PHI@WPG: Simmonds feeds Weal for opening goal
* The Flyers had 18 PIM, which is the most they've had in a game since Jan. 21 at NJD. It's just the sixth time this season the Flyers have had 18 or more PIM in a game.
* Claude Giroux recorded two assists in tonight's game and now has points in seven of his last eight games (2g-6a).
* Michael Del Zotto had an assist in tonight's game and led the Flyers with 21:02 of ice time and four shots on goal.
* The Flyers continue their road trip when they face the Wild in Minnesota on Thursday (8:00 p.m. ET on CSN & 97.5 The Fanatic).
5. THEY SAID IT
"We haven't been a good road team all year and it's cost us. It's put us in the position where we are right now. It's easy to have a good record at home...you're comfortable there. But we have to elevate our games here on the road."
- Steve Mason Video: Hear from Giroux, Weal and Mason following loss
"We had work ethic, we had effort. I look at the second period, those eight minutes in penalties, the amount we spent killing penalties there. We had the opportunity to push back in the third period, but like I said we weren't able to do that. And they made more plays than we did in the third."
- Dave HakstolVideo: Hear from coach Hakstol following loss in WPG