1. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
Shayne Gostisbehere posted a three-point night and the Flyers got goals from their top three scorers to walk out of Vancouver with a 3-2 win on Sunday night.
The Flyers got out to a first period lead by taking advantage on the power play as Wayne Simmonds rebounded a puck in that just squeaked by Ryan Miller off a shot from the point by Gostisbehere.
The Flyers kept their foot on the gas pedal in the second period, scoring twice. First from Jakub Voracek off a rebound gave him a wide open net off a shot from Sean Couturier, then on the next power-play, Brayden Schenn scored his 18th of the year with a nice move to the slot and shot past Miller. The Canucks fought back with the next two, one from Markus Granlund and then a lucky bounce into the slot fell on Jannik Hansen's stick, who fired it top shelf past Neuvirth.
Neuvirth stopped all six shots he faced in the third period, and 18 of 20 overall, to backstop the Flyers to their first win on the road trip.
2. TURNING POINT
Tonight's turning point came in a matter of 1:27 on a key power-play goal from Brayden Schenn that gave the Flyers the luxury of a three-goal lead. The play started out with Schenn controlling the puck in the Vancouver end - while entering the zone, Schenn held onto the puck, cut in the slot and fired a shot through a screen past Ryan Miller. The goal proved to eventually be the game-winner, his team-leading fifth of the season.Video: PHI@VAN: Schenn nets PPG on shot through traffic
3. THREE STARS
1 - Shayne Gostisbehere: Factored into the first three Flyers goals with assists, marking a new career-high for points and assists in a game.
2 - Mikael Granlund: Scored the first Vancouver goal, and his third against the Flyers in the season series.
3 - Wayne Simmonds: Got the Flyers on the board early with the first goal of the night, his 25th of the season and 12th on the power play. Video: PHI@VAN: Simmonds jams home rebound in front for PPG
4. STATISTICALLY SPEAKING
* Shayne Gostisbehere recorded three assists in the game, marking his first career three-point game.
* Wayne Simmonds recorded his 25th goal of the season, which leads the Flyers with the next closest player seven behind (Brayden Schenn - 18).
* Simmonds now has goals in two straight games, and goals in four of his last five games.
* Brayden Schenn recorded his 14th power play goal, adding to his league-leading total in the category.
* The Flyers went 2-for-3 on the power play, posting multiple power play goals for the first time since January 14. They had gone 13 straight since then with one or fewer.
* The Flyers blocked more Vancouver shots in the game (24) than they let through (20). Radko Gudas blocked five shots, while Ivan Provorov blocked four.
* Ivan Provorov played 24:17, which led all skaters in the game. It's his 12th game this season of 24 or more minutes.
* Matt Read played his 400th game in the NHL and as a Flyer.
5. THEY SAID IT
"This is a big push for us, and we're just trying to get points in every game."
- Shayne Gostisbehere
"The boys made a great play moving the puck around the outside. Ghost got off a good shot and I was able to clean up the rebound."
- Wayne Simmonds