1. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
After surrendering the first goal early, the Flyers scored the next two and hung on the rest of the way, eventually scoring an empty-netter, for a 3-1 win over the Wild on Thursday.
The Wild jumped out to an early lead, scoring 2:07 into the first as Steve Mason mishandled a bouncing puck and Zach Parise was in the right place to knock it in. Sean Couturier countered with a goal between the legs of Devan Dubnyk with just over two minutes to play sending the teams in the locker room with a 1-1 tie after 20.
Matt Read kept the Flyers momentum going by scoring in his second straight game, just 21 seconds into the period to give the Flyers a one-goal lead. The Flyers shut down the Wild for the rest of the period, including the NHL's best power play on home ice.
The Flyers held the Wild to just four shots in the third period, which included a minute's worth of power-play time, while Jakub Voracek scored an empty net goal to seal the win.
Video: PHI@MIN: Read crashes net, buries bouncing puck2. TURNING POINT
Matt Read jumping on a puck in the low slot and scoring to give the Flyers a 2-1 lead 21 seconds into the second period turned the game in the Flyers favor. The play unfolded with Voracek bringing the puck into the zone and drawing in the defender while throwing the puck forward. With Wild defenseman Matthew Dumba handling the puck but not getting it off his stick quick enough, Read took a whack at it and beat Dubnyk who was stuck inside his net. The Flyers held on the rest of the way to preserve the win.
3. THREE STARS
1 - Sean Couturier: Recorded the first Flyers goal, had a +2 rating and went 80 percent on face-offs, winning 12 of 15 draws.
Video: PHI@MIN: Couturier buries between-the-legs beauty2 - Zach Parise: Scored the lone Wild goal to extend his point streak to four straight games.
3 - Andrew MacDonald: Was a +2 and logged the most minute of any Flyer with 25:21, which was also a season high.
4. STATISTICALLY SPEAKING
* The Flyers extended their winning streak against the Wild to five straight games dating back to the 2013-14 season.
* Steve Mason stopped 24 of 25 shots in the win, including all 14 thrown his way in the second and third period… Mason now owns the last six victories for the Flyers.
* Matt Read scored for the second straight game.
* Dale Weise recorded an assist in the game… Since re-entering the lineup on Mar. 15 vs. Pittsburgh, Weise has four points (2g-2a) in his last five games.
* Sean Couturier continues to lead the Flyers in scoring in the month of March with 10 points (3g-7a) in 11 games.
* Brayden Schenn now has points in five of his last six games, recording six points (3g-3a).
* The Flyers play the third of four games on this road trip when they face off against the Blue Jackets in Columbus at 2 p.m. on Satuday, Mar. 25. (CSN & 97.5 The Fanatic).
5. THEY SAID IT
"It was a good first period on the road for us. We didn't give them a whole lot. They got a lucky bounce at the start but we didn't let it bother us and we continued to play hard and that's what we need to do."
- Sean CouturierVideo: Hear from Giroux after win in MINVideo: Hear from coach Hakstol after win in MIN