Philadelphia Flyers Extend Bellemare, Neuvirth
The Flyers have agreed to multi-year contract extensions with both players.by PhiladelphiaFlyers.com @NHLFlyers
The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have agreed to multi-year contract extensions with forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and goaltender Michal Neuvirth , according to general manager Ron Hextall.
Below are some news & notes on Bellemare and Neuvirth
- Bellemare has spent the last three seasons with the Flyers recording 32 points (16g-16a) in 217 total games.
- This season, he has six points (3g-3a) and is one of six players on the Flyers to have appeared in all 62 games.
- Since the 2014-15 season, Bellemare leads all Flyers forwards in average shorthanded time-on-ice at 2:29 per game.
- He signed a multi-year contract extension with the Flyers on Mar. 2, 2015 after originally signing a contract with the Flyers on June 11, 2014. Prior to joining the Flyers, he spent parts of five seasons with Skelleftea in the Swedish Elite League, where he recorded 64 goals and 61 assists for 125 points in 238 games.
- Neuvirth has a 10-9-1 record this season to go along with a 2.90 goals-against average and .887 save percentage in 24 appearances.
- Over the past two seasons with the Flyers, Neuvirth has posted a record of 28-17-5 to go along with a 2.52 GAA and .910 save percentage in 56 games played, including 50 games as a starter.
- Neuvirth was originally acquired by the Flyers as a free agent on July 1, 2015, when he inked a multi-year contract.
- The 28-year-old from Usti Nad Labem, Czech Republic, has a lifetime mark of 94-80-22 with a 2.68 GAA and .911 save percentage.
More to follow…