OTF: Flyers claim D Johnny Oduya from Ottawa
Flyers lose Mark Alt on waivers to Coloradoby PhiladelphiaFlyers.com @NHLFlyers
The Philadelphia Flyers have claimed defenseman Johnny Oduya from the Ottawa Senators on waivers, according to general manager Ron Hextall. In addition, defenseman Mark Alt has been claimed by the Colorado Avalanche.
Below are news & notes on Oduya:
JOHNNY ODUYA (oh-DOO-yuh)
PREVIOUS TEAM: Ottawa Senators
DRAFTED: 2001 (7th Round, 221st Overall) - Washington Capitals
AGE: 36 (10/1/1981)
BORN: Stockholm, Sweden
VITALS: 6'0", 191 pounds
- Oduya has eight points (4g-4a) and a plus-2 rating with 32 penalty minutes for Ottawa this season, while averaging 17:12 of ice time on the blueline.
- He is a veteran of 849 regular season games in the NHL with 190 points (41g-149a) and a career plus-minus of plus-64 over 13 seasons... He currently ranks second among active Swedish defensemen with his 849 games played.
- He is a two-time Stanley Cup Champion, helping lead the Chicago Blackhawks to the 2013 and 2015 Stanley Cup titles, where he appeared in all 23 postseason games. He posted eight points (3g-5a) and was a plus-12 in 23 games in 2013.
- He has a total of 106 Stanley Cup Playoff games to his credit, recording 28 points (6g-22a).
- Oduya was also a member of Team Sweden, who earned a Silver Medal at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
- He now joins Valtteri Filppula (Detroit - 2008) as the only two Flyers in the lineup, who have won Stanley Cup Championships.