Comcast Center, Courtyard, 1701 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19103
The Philadelphia Flyers will “Flyer Up” the city in preparation for the team’s home opener with a pep rally at the Comcast Center. The pep rally will include activities for all fans:
- Meet Flyers Ambassador of Hockey Bob "The Hound" Kelly and members of the Delta Dental Ice Team
- Hold the Official Opening Night Game Puck
- Portable rink for fans to play street hockey
- Fans can participate in free Hooked on Hockey lessons
- Free T-shirts, paper helmets, pocket schedules, cheer cards and more!
- Enter to win great prizes such as autographed pucks and tickets to opening night at the Wachovia Center on Saturday, October 11 at 7 p.m.
- Hockey moms can stop by and make a poster to enter our Ultimate Hockey Mom contest
- Inflatables, balloons, interactive games and more!
The Flyers will open the 2008-09 National Hockey League regular season when they host the New York Rangers at the Wachovia Center on Saturday, October 11 at 7 p.m.
The Flyers/Phantoms Street Team will distribute free Flyers T-shirts at the pep rally and throughout the city. Fans can also meet and get autographs from Flyers Ambassador of Hockey Bob “The Hound” Kelly and members of the Delta Dental Ice Team.
In addition to the home opener on Saturday, the Flyers will also face the Montreal Canadiens on Monday, October 13 and the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday, October 22 at the Wachovia Center at 7 p.m. Flyers fans “Hungry for More” can purchase tickets and game plans exclusively through ComcastTIX at PhiladelphiaFlyers.com or calling 1-800-298-4200.