Game Summary: Jake Voracek scored his second goal of the game 27 seconds into overtime to lift the Flyers to a 4-3 win over the Rangers.
The Flyers opened the scoring 8:41 into the second when Jordan Weal scored his second of the season, and then extended the lead with two power play goals 42 seconds apart - one from Voracek during a 5-on-3 advantage with 8:40 to play in the period, and the other from Travis Konecny with 7:58 remaining.
Ryan Graves got one of the goals back with 3:37 left in the middle frame, and then the Rangers posted a pair in the third - one from Brandon Pirri 4:46 into the period, and one from Jimmy Vesey at 10:51. Shayne Gostisbehere had a pair of assists for the Flyers.
* The Flyers are now 3-2-1 in the preseason, including 3-0-1 on home ice.
* Jakub Voracek recorded two goals on the night, his second was the game-winner in overtime… Voracek now has three points (2g-1a) in two preseason games.
* Ivan Provorov led the Flyers in ice time with 25:44, including over six minutes of shorthanded TOI (6:03)… Provorov also recorded his second assist of the preseason and has averaged nearly 25 minutes of ice time during the preseason (24:54).
"He's got great poise back there, he stepped in and done a great job in this game," said goaltender Steve Mason . "He's still got some work to be done. I think he's pushed himself both on and off the ice, he's come in and worked hard."
* Mason played the entire game, stopping 27 of 30 shots.
* Travis Konency recorded a goal in the game… He now has points in three straight preseason games, posting four points (2g-2a) in that span.
"I think the speed of the game. Getting use to making fast plays and thinking ahead before the puck gets to you and what you're going to do with it," said Konecny about adjusting to the professional level. "It takes time to learn that but I'm adapting as I get these games in."
"He is aggressive, competes," said Giroux, who appeared in his first game of the preseason. "He is not scared of going to the net. He wins a lot of battles. He is definitely fun to play with."
* After going 2-for-23 on the power play in the preseason heading into tonight, the Flyers scored on two of their first three power plays, taking advantage of a 5-on-3 and 5-on-4, 42 seconds apart.
* Shayne Gostisbehere recorded two assists on the night… He now has assists in two straight preseason games, recording a total of three assists his only two outings of the preseason.
* The Flyers have just two remaining preseason games left, both on the road (at NY Rangers on Oct. 6 | at Boston on Oct. 8).