The Philadelphia Flyers have signed right wing Linus Sandin (LEE-nuhs, san-DEEN) to a one-year entry-level contract to begin in the 2020-21 season, according to President of Hockey Operations and General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
"We are happy to have Linus under contract for next season," said Fletcher. "Our scouting staff has done an excellent job identifying him as a player who can come into camp and compete for a spot on our team right away. He works extremely hard and we expect him to add size, skill and tenacity to our forward group."
Below are news & notes on Sandin's career:
LINUS SANDIN (LEE-nuhs, san-DEEN)
POSITION: Right Wing
PREVIOUS TEAM: HV71 (SHL-Swedish Hockey League)
AGE: 23 (5-19-1996)
BORN: Uppsala, Sweden
VITALS: 6'1", 209 pounds
* Has spent his entire career in Sweden and has played the last three seasons in the top league (SHL) where he has totaled 66 points (38g-28a) in 143 games.
* He spent this season with HV71 where he posted new career highs in goals (19), assists (17) and points (36) in 51 games, which was also a career high in games played.
* His 19 goals led the team and tied for 3rd in the entire league, while his 36 points ranked second on HV71.
* He recorded a plus-minus of +7 while averaging 15:30 of ice-time per-game.
* Prior to the SHL, he spent six seasons in Sweden's junior programs, which included his final season with the MODO Under-20 team as a 18-year-old where he recorded 47 points (24g-23a) in 37 games in 2014-15.
* Linus has a brother in the NHL, Rasmus Sandin, who plays for the Toronto Maple Leafs and was selected in the 1st Round of the 2018 NHL Draft (29th overall).
* The Flyers have drafted a player from Sweden in seven of the last eight years and currently have six prospects who also played in the SHL this season: Forwards Olle Lycksell and Marcus Westfalt; defensemen David Bernhardt, Adam Ginning and Linus Hogberg and goaltender Samuel Ersson.