The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed forwards Elliot Desnoyers and Olle Lycksell to entry-level contracts starting in the 2021-22 season, according to President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
Desnoyers is the Flyers' fifth round draft pick (135th overall) in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft and Lycksell is the club's sixth-round draft pick (168th overall) in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
"Elliot Desnoyers had a productive year in Halifax and played a strong, two-way game with lots of passion," said Brent Flahr, Flyers Vice President & Assistant General Manager. "As he matures physically and gets stronger, his game should continue to grow."
Added Flahr: "Olle Lyckell has continued to grow his overall game since being drafted in 2017. It's taken some time for him to mature physically but he's worked hard on his body and overall game. He had a strong second half for Farjestad and we look for him to continue to grow his game."
Below are news & notes on Desnoyers and Lycksell:
ELLIOT DESNOYERS (dah-NOY-yahy)
POSITION: Left Wing
TEAM/LEAGUE: Halifax Mooseheads - QMJHL
DRAFTED: 2020 (5th Round, 135th Overall - FLYERS)
AGE: 19 (1/21/2002)
BIRTHPLACE: Saint-Hyacinth, Quebec
VITALS: 5'10", 183 lbs
* Completed his third full season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), and first with the Halifax Mooseheads... He recorded a career-high 21 goals and 28 assists for 49 points in just 37 games in a shortened season due to COVID-19.
* He led the Mooseheads in all three offensive categories, as well as power-play goals (5), shorthanded goals (2) and game-winning goals (3).
* He is the third member of the 2020 Draft Class to sign an entry-level contract with the Flyers (Tyson Foerster & Zayde Wisdom).
* In 2019-20, he appeared in 61 games for the Moncton Wildcast of the QMJHL, posting 11 goals and 24 assists.
* In 2018-19, he played in 61 games as a rookie for Moncton, recording 12 goals and 19 assists for 31 points.
* Internationally, he was a part of "Canada Red" for the Under-17 in the World Hockey Challenge in 2018, where he posted one goal in six games.
OLLE LYCKSELL (lick-SEHL)
TEAM/LEAGUE: Farjestad BK (Swedish Hockey League - SHL)
DRAFTED: 2017 (6th Round, 168th Overall - FLYERS)
AGE: 21 (8/24/1999)
BIRTHPLACE: Oskarshamn, Sweden
VITALS: 5'10", 163 pounds
* Recently finished his first season with Farjestad where he posted nine goals and 21 points in 46 regular season games... He added three points (1g-2a) in six SHL Playoff games.
* He posted the same exact offensive numbers in 2019-20 with Linköping HC having played five more games (51).
* Over parts of four seasons in the SHL since being drafted by the Flyers, Lycksell has recorded 61 points (28g-33a) in 174 career games.
* In his Draft +1 year in 2017-18, he recorded 22 points (10g-12a) in 26 games for Linkoping HC J20 before being recalled to the SHL where he posted five goals and seven points in 26 games as a rookie.
* Internationally, he has represented Sweden on three occasions (U-18, U-19 & U-20).
* Lycksell is the seventh of nine members of the Flyers 2017 Draft Class to be under contract with the team.