The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have re-signed center, Scott Laughton, to a two-year contract extension, according to general manager Ron Hextall.
Laughton completed his third pro season with the organization, appearing in two games for the Flyers this season and playing a majority of the year for the club's AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Below are news & notes on Laughton:
DRAFTED: 2012 (1st Round, 20th Overall) - Philadelphia Flyers
AGE: 23 (5-30-1994)
BORN: Oakville, Ontario
VITALS: 6'1", 190 pounds
- Recorded 19 goals and 20 assists for 39 points in 60 games, while playing in all situations for the Phantoms this past season.
- He led the team and tied for the AHL lead with four shorthanded goals and led all Phantoms with a plus-minus rating of +17 this season.
- Laughton posted two goals and three points in the first round series vs. Hershey.
- He has appeared in 109 NHL games, recording 27 points (9g-18a) with the Flyers over parts of the last three seasons.
- Laughton had a four-year career in the Ontario Hockey League with the Oshawa Generals, where he recorded 96 goals and 123 assists for 219 points in 230 regular season games. He added 31 points (14g-17a) in 32 playoff games with the Generals.
- During his time in junior, he was named captain of Team Canada at the 2012 World Junior Championships.