* The Flyers have now won both games played at their AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, in each of the last two seasons.
* The Flyers outshot the Devils 24-18 in the game led by defenseman Andrew MacDonald with four shots, which also led all players in the contest.
* Anthony Stolarz and Alex Lyon split duties in the game, marking the first preseason game that a goaltender did not play the full contest… Stolarz got the start and stopped all 11 shots, while Lyon finished, making seven saves to complete the shutout.
"You always want to go out there and make an impression, said Stolarz. "With training and guys starting to get sent down, you kind of want to make your last second push. Obviously I know the situation with [Mason & Neuvirth] at the top but I want to go out and show them I can play at this level."
* Travis Konecny recorded a goal and an assist on the night. His first of the preseason was a deflection off a shot from the point from Andrew MacDonald. He added an assist on a nice play by sliding a pass and finding Michael Raffl down low.
In addition to his two points, Konency made several plays that led to scoring chances throughout… Konency also scored in last year's Flyers preseason game in Lehigh Valley.
"It's definitely a time where I need to step up and make sure I'm playing good hockey," said Konecny. "I'm just earning another day. That's the way I look at it. Everyday I just wake up and work hard and move forward from there."
* Brayden Schenn, Robert Hagg and Andrew MacDonald all added assists in the game.
"Guys are fighting for jobs," said head coach Dave Hakstol. "You definitely don't want to look too closely at the names on the rosters. Everybody is out there fighting for jobs and fighting to extend their training camp on both sides, so it's competitive."
Stars of the Game:
1. Travis Konecny
2. Michael Raffl
3. Anthony Stolarz
* The Flyers have reached the halfway point of their preseason schedule, going 2-2-0. All four preseason games have resulted in a shutout.
* They have two remaining home games and two road games, both of them against the NY Rangers and Boston Bruins.