The Philadelphia Flyers have signed goaltender Michal Neuvirth to a multi-year contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.
Below are some quick facts on Neuvirth:MICHAL NEUVIRTH (G)PREVIOUS TEAM:
NY Islanders/Buffalo Sabres (2014-15)DRAFTED:
2006 (34th Overall) - Washington CapitalsAGE:
Ústí Nad Labem, Czech Republic VITALS:
6’1”, 209 poundsCATCHES:
- Split time between the Buffalo Sabres and NY Islanders last season.
- He went 6-17-3 with the Sabres, but posted a 2.99 goals-against average and .918 save percentage in 27 appearances, and three of his six wins were shut outs.
- With the Islanders, he appeared in just five games going 1-3-1 with a 2.94 GAA.
- In parts of seven seasons in the NHL, Neuvirth has a career record of 66-63-17 to go along with seven shutouts and a 2.73 GAA and .912 save percentage.
- Won two AHL Calder Cup Championships in back-to-back years with the Hershey Bears in 2009 & 2010, including winning the AHL Playoff MVP in 2009.
- Was drafted (34th overall) in the same year as current goaltender Steve Mason (69th overall) in 2006.
Fans can get a jump on reserving tickets ahead of the public single-game on sale in September by purchasing an 11-game membership now. Call 215-218-PUCK or visit PhiladelphiaFlyers.com.