7 p.m. | TCN & 97.5 The Fanatic
* This is the second consecutive year the Flyers have played a preseason game at the PPL Center in Lehigh Valley. They earned a 5-3 win over the NY Islanders last preseason.
* Head coach Dave Hakstol made his NHL coaching debut in that very game last year's and walked away with a lasting impression.
"I remember it last year," said Hakstol. "I thought the building was awesome. The fans and the atmosphere was excellent and it's just a great setting."
* One player in tonight's lineup will be no stranger to the atmosphere there. Taylor Leier has played two seasons with the Phantoms and has even enjoyed a six-game run with the Flyers when he was recalled last November.
Leier is hoping to crack the Flyers roster this season and is taking the same approach to tonight's game that he does to every game, preseason, regular season or playoffs.
"Same as always," added Leier. "I go into every game with the same mindset. Compete, play my game and stick to my strengths and do anything you can to help the team win. I know all these exhibition games are a great opportunity for everyone and I'm looking to make the most of it."
* Hakstol also informed the media that prospect Travis Konecny will be back in the lineup tonight and playing the right side alongside a pair of veterans. Brayden Schenn will center the line with Michael Raffl on the left side.
"Travis is no different than anybody else," added Hakstol. "Just go out and play his game. [For] every player, that's one of the challenges coming into camp, to go and make an impression. Every player needs to do that from Day 1. We're getting into our fourth exhibition game. It's an opportunity for Travis to go out, play the way he plays and he's got an opportunity to do that tonight with two good players [and] two veteran players."
* Through three preseason games, the Flyers have a combined .944 save percentage and 1.67 goals-against average receiving complete games from Anthony Stolarz, Alex Lyon and Steve Mason. Mason is the only goaltender in the NHL preseason to post a shutout thus far.
The Flyers roster for tonight is as follows:
10 Brayden Schenn
12 Michael Raffl
27 Boyd Gordon
36 Colin McDonald
38 Chris Conner
40 Corban Knight
56 Tyrell Goulbourne
58 Taylor Leier
62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
63 Travis Konecny
65 Radel Fazleev
76 Chris VandeVelde
23 Brandon Manning
39 Mark Alt
45 Will O'Neill
47 Andrew MacDonald
48 Robert Hagg
50 Sam Morin
41 Anthony Stolarz
49 Alex Lyon