BOSTON - After two scoreless periods at the Garden in Boston, the Flyers and Bruins traded goals on special teams in the third which forced overtime, but Kenny Agostino capitalized on a breakaway to give the B's a 2-1 win in the 3 on 3 extra session.
Below are some news and notes from the Flyers fourth preseason game:
* Brian Elliott was impressive in his first Flyers start. He stopped all 18 shots he saw for a perfect 40 minutes. He stopped 10 shots in the first period and all eight in the second, which included a few point-blank saves.
* Travis Sanheim scored his first goal of the preseason, a shorthanded tally, when he fired off a rocket wrist shot at the top of the circle to beat Tuukka Rask and opened up a 1-0 lead… He also led the Flyers with four shots on goal.
* Claude Giroux won 80 percent of his face-offs in his first preseason tilt, winning 20 of 25 draws.
* Alex Lyon entered his fourth game of the preseason and stopped nine of 11 shots he saw, including a point-blank redirection from Danton Heinen and then a two-on-one in overtime before eventually yielding the game-winner on Agostino's breakaway.
* Through 63+ minutes, the game saw a good amount of shots - 60 in total with the Flyers holding the edge by a 31-29 margin.
* Ivan Provorov played nearly 26 minutes in tonight's game (25:54), while the Bruins were led by Brandon Carlo (23:49).
* Bruins defenseman Paul Postma evened things up for the Bruins in the third period with a power-play goal on a shot from the point that found it's way through traffic and in the back of the net.
* After a set of back to back games the Flyers have a day off from training camp and will resume practice on Saturday at the Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ... They will resume their game schedule on Monday, Sept. 25 when they take on the New York Rangers at MSG.
Video: Hear from Sanheim, Elliott, Hakstol following OT loss