The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have claimed goaltender Mike McKenna off of waivers from the Vancouver Canucks, according to Executive Vice President/General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
Below are news & notes on McKenna's career:
MIKE McKENNA (G)
DRAFTED: 2002 (6th Round, 172nd Overall) - Nashville Predators
AGE: 35 (4-11-1983) | BORN: St. Louis, Missouri
VITALS: 6'2", 183 pounds | CATCHES: Right
* McKenna was recently acquired by the Vancouver Canucks in a trade with the Ottawa Senators on Jan. 2.
* He appeared in 10 games for Ottawa this season, posting a 1-4-1 record to go along with a 3.96 goals-against average and .897 save percentage... He stopped 34 of 37 shots in a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Nov. 27.
* He also appeared in six games for the Senators' AHL affiliate, the Belleville Senators, where he had a 3-3-0 record with a 2.72 GAA and .914 save percentage.
* Over the course of his six-year NHL career, McKenna has a 7-16-3 record with a 3.58 GAA and .892 save percentage in 34 appearances with the Tampa Bay Lightning (2008-09), New Jersey Devils (2010-11), Columbus Blue Jackets (2013-14), Arizona Coyotes (2014-15), Dallas Stars (2017-18) and Senators (2018-19).
* In his AHL career, McKenna has appeared in 467 games with a career mark of 226-175-25 with 27 shutouts and a life-time 2.70 GAA and .913 save percentage.
* He also backstopped his team to the Calder Cup Finals in each of the last two seasons: He went 14-8 with a 2.41 GAA and .927 save percentage for the Texas Stars (Dallas Stars) in 2018 and had a 13-9 record with a 2.68 GAA and .911 save percentage for the Syracuse Crunch (Tampa Bay Lightning) in 2017.