NY ISLANDERS vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
7 p.m. | TCN & 97.5 The Fanatic
* Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol announced that Steve Mason will get the start in net tonight with Anthony Stolarz backing up.
* The Flyers roster has 11 players with three years or more NHL experience and seven players who have played fewer than 20 games of NHL experience.
* Two NHL veterans will make their debuts as a member of the team tonight: Dale Weise and Boyd Gordon.
"I'm excited to be on the home side playing in this building. It's a good crowd and it's loud," said Weise, who sees this game as an important step to getting back into game mode.
"Anytime you're playing a game you have to play to the best of your ability and not going through the motions. You only have a couple games to get ready for the regular season so you have to take it seriously. Obviously you can't get frustrated with yourself if your timing isn't there. The first [game] you have to feel it out in the first period and try to get your timing and feel what it's like to get hit again."
* Nine players will be playing for the second straight night after playing in one of the two road split squad games on Monday: Ivan Provorov, Jordan Weal, Scott Laughton, Nick Cousins, Michael Del Zotto, Andy Miele, Roman Lyubimov, Philippe Myers and Travis Sanheim.
"I wanted to get him into two of the three [games], assuming that he earned it, and he did a good job last night," said Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol of Provorov who played nearly 29 minutes in last night's loss at New Jersey.
"His minutes got high, but like I said we wanted to get him into different situations and he did a good job in those situations and the minutes didn't seem to ware on him. It will be a challenge tonight having the turnaround and coming back and play back-to-back. That's [a challenge] for him and a few other guys that they have to meet the challenge on."
* Hakstol also stated that the defense will have a mixed look of young and veterans paired together as Sanheim will play with Nick Schultz, and Provorov with Andrew MacDonald, but there will also be other combinations throughout the night.
* Tonight is the first of four consecutive home preseason games for the Flyers, who will play at their AHL affiliate's home, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at the PPL Center on Wednesday night.
The Flyers roster for tonight is as follows:
10 Brayden Schenn
12 Michael Raffl
17 Wayne Simmonds
19 Jordan Weal
21 Scott Laughton
22 Dale Weise
24 Matt Read
27 Boyd Gordon
37 Andy Miele
52 Nick Cousins
60 Roman Lyubimov
76 Chris VandeVelde
15 Michael Del Zotto
47 Andrew MacDonald
55 Nick Schultz
57 Travis Sanheim
61 Philippe Myers
64 Ivan Provorov
35 Steve Mason
41 Anthony Stolarz