The Philadelphia Flyers announced they have agreed to terms with center Scott Laughton on a two-year contract worth an average annual value (AAV) of $2.3 million, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
Below are notes on Laughton & his career with the organization:
SCOTT LAUGHTON (LAW-tuhn)
DRAFTED: 2012 - 1st Round (20th overall) by Flyers
AGE: 24 (5-30-1994)
BORN: Oakville, Ontario
VITALS: 6'1", 190 pounds
* The contract will run through the 2020-21 season.
* This past season, Laughton set new career highs in goals (12), assists (20) and overall points (32) while appearing in all 82 games.
* All 12 of his goals were scored at even strength, while 30 of his 32 points also came at even-strength.
* He ranked second among all forwards, and fourth on the overall team, in average ice-time on the penalty kill, logging 2:15 per-game.
* Over the last two seasons, Laughton has appeared in 163 of 164 possible games, and has also posted 52 of his 79 career points in his last two campaigns.
* In parts of six seasons with the Flyers, Laughton has produced 79 points (31g-48a) in 272 regular season games.
* He has also appeared in parts of three seasons with the club's American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, where he recorded 69 points (34g-35a) in 105 regular season games and three points (2g-1a) in five Calder Cup Playoff games.