The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have agreed to terms on a multi-year contract with free agent defenseman T.J. Brennan, according to general manager Ron Hextall.
Below are some news & notes on Brennan:T.J. BRENNAN (D)PREVIOUS TEAM:
Toronto Maple Leafs & Toronto Marlies (AHL)DRAFTED:
2007 (2nd Round, 31st overall) - Buffalo SabresAGE:
Willingboro, New JerseyVITALS:
6’1”, 213 poundsSHOOTS:
- Spent a majority of last season with the Toronto Marlies of the AHL where he averaged nearly a point per-game with 68 points (25g-43a) in 69 regular season games.
- His 68 points led the entire team in scoring, as well as all AHL defensemen, while also ranking tied for third among all players in the AHL.
- He won the Eddie Shore Award as the AHL’s outstanding defenseman for the 2015-16 season, which was the second time in the last three seasons he has won the award (2013-14).
- He added five goals and nine points in 15 Calder Cup Playoffs games to help lead the Marlies to the Conference Finals.
- He also appeared in seven games for the Toronto Maple Leafs, recording one goal and an average of 15:06 of ice time.
- He has a total of 53 NHL games under his belt, recording 13 points (5g-8a), in stints with the Buffalo Sabres, Florida Panthers and Maple Leafs.
- He has posted a total of 113 goals and 206 assists for 319 points in 443 regular season games in the AHL.
- Brennan grew up and played youth hockey in the Philadelphia area - he was a member of the Philadelphia Little Flyers and played in the Flyers Cup tournament in 2005 with Moorestown high school in New Jersey.