Flyers fans are encouraged to bid on exciting, once in a lifetime experiences and treasured Philadelphia sports memorabilia to help the Flyers Wives Fight for Lives Carnival (at the Wachovia Center on Sunday, March 26) raise funds to benefit local non-profit groups and organizations in the Greater Philadelphia Region.
Those interested in bidding have the option to participate in a WIP Auction now or an online auction at www.philadelphiaflyers.com beginning Saturday, March 25. Fans can also donate dollars during a telethon broadcast on Comcast SportsNet on Sunday, March 26 from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. and again from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. and also on Monday, March 26 on UPN57 from 12 a.m. until 2 a.m. To reach the Telethon phone lines, please call 215-218-PUCK.
Select items from the WIP Auction, ending this Friday, March 24 at 7 p.m. include:
- Customized Harley-Davidson 2006 Fat Boy donated by Mills Harley Davidson of Burlington, NJ, signed by the 2005-06 team
- Oil painting titled "Four to Score", featuring Peter Forsberg, Jeff Carter, Simon Gagne and Mike Richards and signed by all four players
- Autographed "Stallone" Flyers jersey, signed by Philadelphia's "Rocky," Sylvester Stallone
Select items for the online auction at www.philadelphiaflyers.com, beginning on Saturday, March 25 at 12:01 a.m. include:
- Pose with team in Flyers 2006 Team Picture to be taken on April 14, 2006
- Peter Forsberg game worn jersey from game on March 25 vs. Ottawa Senators
- Painted goalie stick by artist Samantha Wendell and signed by Flyers alumni Ron Hextall and Bernie Parent
- Two (2) tickets in the Comcast SportsNet Suite to a Philadelphia Flyers home game during the 2006-07 season (game based on availability) and a behind the scenes tour of the studios.
Fans can also tune into Comcast SportsNet on Sunday, March 26 from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. and again from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and also on Monday, March 27 on UPN57 from 12 a.m. until 2 a.m. to watch the carnival festivities and donate additional funds. Telethon donations range from $50 to $500 and guarantee gifts from postcards to autographed jerseys.
A limited number of tickets at $15 for adults and $10 for children, ages two through 12, can be purchased by clicking here
Through money raised at the Flyers Wives Fight For Lives Carnival and through charitable efforts throughout the year, the Comcast-Spectacor Foundation provides donations, random gifts of kindness and player appearances to numerous non-profit groups, organizations and individuals to improve the quality of life in the Greater Philadelphia Region. To date, the Comcast-Spectacor Foundation has contributed more than $20 million to various charities.