FLYERS AND SIXERS WILL NOT RAISE SEASON TICKET PRICES FOR 2009-10
(Philadelphia, PA – February 23, 2009) – Comcast-Spectacor, the Philadelphia-based sports and entertainment firm, today unveiled "Fan Relief," a series of offers to personally assist season ticket holders, game plan holders and fans interested in attending Philadelphia Flyers, 76ers and/or Phantoms games.
"We recognize that these are very challenging economic times and we know people have many different options for their entertainment dollars," said Comcast-Spectacor President Peter Luukko. "We value each and every one of our fans and we are personally committed to working with them so they can enjoy the Flyers, the Sixers or the Phantoms. Our 'Fan Relief' offers are tailored to their needs and desires based on their feedback."
Luukko also announced that neither the Sixers nor the Flyers would raise ticket prices for the 2009-10 season. In fact, the Sixers will make more tickets available at the $15 price level.
New and Exciting Ticket Packages and Game Plans for Non-Season Ticket Holders:
- In addition to a full-season ticket package or an 11-game plan, the Philadelphia Flyers are now offering a new five-game package, and the Philadelphia 76ers are offering a new three-game plan. The Sixers three-game package includes a ticket to the "Remember the Spectrum" game.
- New pricing in the All-You-Can-Eat section. The Flyers have adjusted pricing to $35 per ticket per game. The Sixers price remains at $33 per ticket per game. Both packages include a game ticket and All-You-Can-Eat hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, ice cream and soft drinks.
- The Sixers have partnered with team sponsor McDonald's to offer a special $10 mezzanine level ticket, which is available for all remaining home games.
- The Sixers offer a "Guys Night Out" and a "Ladies Night Out" package.
o Guys Night Out Package includes four tickets, four draft beers, four hot dogs, four Sixers Dancers swimsuit calendars, four Dave & Buster’s, a $10 Power Cards, four Philadelphia Park Sports Bar passes, and a special meet and greet with the Sixers Dancers for $175 (lower level tickets) or $125 (mezzanine level tickets).
o Ladies Night Out Package includes two tickets, two chicken salads, two glasses of wine, two T-shirts, two $25 spa gift cards for $75 (lower level tickets) or $50 (mezzanine level tickets)
- The Sixers also have a special Family Pack which includes four tickets, four sodas, four hot dogs and chips for $149 (lower level tickets) or $99 (mezzanine level tickets).
- The Sixers are also offering a "Buzzer Beater" offer by registering on line at Sixers.com for special last-minute ticket discounts.
- In an effort to allow fans an opportunity to Remember the Spectrum, and see the Phantoms in their final season, the team is offering $10 tickets for adults and $5 tickets for children to all remaining Phantoms games at the Wachovia Spectrum.
New Concepts to Assist Season Ticket Holders:
- Comcast-Spectacor is implementing a new payment plan for season ticket holders of both the Philadelphia Flyers and 76ers. The Flyers now have a nine-month payment plan while the Sixers have a 10-month payment plan, both of which can reduce the monthly installment and burden on the individual. Additionally, the company is providing more advance notice on renewal dates and information to allow customers to pre-plan for payment dates.
- Comcast-Spectacor is now only billing Season Ticket Holders for one round of the playoffs, as opposed to the previous two-round minimum.
- Comcast-Spectacor has established a Season Ticket Holder Marketplace to allow ticket holders to resell their tickets to other fans when they cannot attend a game. Fans can use this credited amount from their resold tickets for cash or advance payment on playoffs or next year’s season tickets.
- Comcast-Spectacor created a Consumer Assistance Department to help eligible season ticket holders with their payment plans.
- Comcast-Spectacor is offering special offers to its season ticket holders for its other teams. For example, a Flyers Season Ticket Holder is able to purchase Sixers tickets to select games and/or Phantoms tickets at a special price.
- Comcast-Spectacor is now offering payment plans for other purchases, including parking and hospitality memberships at Cadillac Grille of Philadelphia Park at Wachovia Center.New Added Value for All Fans:
All three Comcast-Spectacor teams also offer special added value at predetermined games.
- The teams are offering Dollar Dog Nights and Dollar Ice Cream Nights to select games.
- Special "Roll Back Prices" on selected items for designated sections of the arena to commemorate pricing from the Wachovia Spectrum’s first season (1967).
- Comcast-Spectacor has created special military discounted tickets ($25) and special college student priced tickets ($25), which are available for select remaining Flyers games.
- In an effort to bring young fans to Flyers games, the team offers special priced balcony luxury suites for area youth hockey teams, sponsored by Pizza Hut and Utz Snacks.