Ryan Spooner concluded a heretofore scoreless affair with a breakaway goal 1:48 into overtime, giving the Bruins a 1-0 win over the Flyers in the preseason finale for both teams.
Steve Mason stopped 22 shots for the Flyers before Spooner's winner, while Tuukka Rask turned aside all 27 shots he faced as the Flyers outshot Boston 19-11 over the final two periods of regulation.
* The Flyers end their preseason slate with an 4-2-2 record, earning points in each of their last six games, going 4-0-2, after losing their first two of the preseason.
* The Flyers also killed off 29 of 31 shorthanded opportunities (93.5 percent) in eight preseason games.
* Steve Mason played the entire game, stopping 22 of 23 shots.
* Sean Couturier led the team with four shots on goal and had seven minutes in penalties, including a fight with David Backes.
* Jakub Voracek had three goals and five points in his four preseason outings.
* Three Flyers appeared in six out of a possible seven preseason games for the Flyers (Nick Cousins, Travis Konecny & Ivan Provorov) … Konency and Provorov also played in the Flyers-Islanders rookie game on Sept. 21.
* Rookie forward Travis Konecny led the Flyers with six points in six games (3g-3a)… He also recorded a point in four of his last five games preseason games.
* Rookie defenseman Ivan Provorov played over 21 minutes in all six of his preseason outings and has averaged 23:51.