The Ducks will host their fifth annual Social Media Night presented by YP on Wednesday, Mar. 22 vs. the Edmonton Oilers at Honda Center (7 p.m.).
Social Media Night will feature several interactive opportunities for fans via the Ducks' various social media channels, the Ducks' official mobile app, in-arena and on the PRIME TICKET telecast. Fans will be encouraged to post on Twitter and Instagram using the #DucksSocial hashtag before and during the game. Many of those posts will be displayed throughout Honda Center and on the broadcast during Social Media Night. Fans are encouraged to arrive early for unique elements during player warm-ups (approximately 6:30 p.m. PDT), including players wearing jerseys with their Twitter handles on the back as well as tossing specially marked pucks to fans in the crowd. Jerseys will be signed and made available for purchase in the Anaheim Ducks Team Store powered by Reebok following the warmups.
Social Media Night will also feature:
• A special "Tweet Your Seat" promotion will be held during the game, in which fans can post their seat locations to Twitter and will be chosen at random for a seat upgrade.
• Fans guess which Ducks player will score the game's first goal on Twitter using #DucksFirstGoal to win the first goal puck (signed by the player) from that evening's game.
• Fans inside Honda Center will be able to take and post photos with various Ducks-themed social media cutouts that will be displayed on the concourse by the Power Players.
• Fans watching the game on the Prime Ticket broadcast can have their questions answered on air by analyst Guy Hebert by tweeting them to #AskGuy and choose who Kent French interviews during warmups.
• Also for those watching the broadcast, various challenges will be made available to fans, who can post photos on social media. Photos can be featured in-arena at Honda Center and on the Prime Ticket broadcast that evening.
• Fans inside Honda Center can also post to Snapchat using a special themed Social Media Night filter.
• There will also be a number of elements involving Ducks players that will be revealed on the team's social media channels.
In addition, fans looking to attend Social Media Night can purchase a package option that includes a hotdog and beer/soda starting at $27 per seat. The Social Media Night Pack offers a significant discount over purchasing tickets and concessions individually. Individual tickets for Social Media Night are also available. All ticket options can be purchased through AnaheimDucks.com, Ticketmaster or at the Honda Center Box Office. Fans will incur no additional fees when purchasing tickets direct from the Anaheim Ducks (via any of the aforementioned avenues). In addition, fans will continue to receive free TicketFast delivery (ability to print tickets at home). For more information on Season, Premium and Mini Plan ticket packages, call 1-877-WILD WING or visit AnaheimDucks.com.
For more information on Ducks Social Media Night, visit www.anaheimducks.com/socialmedianight.