A few other highlights from the night:
- Me digging out the too-tight white pants and awful white buckled shoes that I wore for the Casino Night two years ago, when it was a '70s theme. That combined with an untucked white dress shirt made me look like I was in pajamas
- Arriving at the same time as Teemu Selanne
and his wife Sirpa, then watching Teemu lunge for the down button just a half-second too late before the elevator doors closed. I said, "I thought they called you The Flash." He snapped his fingers. The elevator doors opened.
- Watching Jonas Hiller
dance impressively to "Baby Got Back" (as well as assorted other songs) with his gal and a few other player WAGs (Wives and Girlfriends).
- This photo (I just think it looks cool). Check out all the photos here
- Although, sometimes the best photos come before the actual photo
. (Courtesy OC Register.)
- The assorted dancers covered in full body suites and surrounded by a giant ... let me just show you the picture.
- George Parros
being the only guy to wear something different than the white suit and v-neck t-shirt provided to the players, which you can see in this picture, along with Devante Smith-Pelly
artfully incorporating the boot for his broken foot with his ensemble.
- Teemu talking in this video
about the night's theme: "We have been too many times cowboys, so it's good." (Taking that
quote out of context would confuse a lot of people.)
- Jason Blake
, asked in this video
about which player looked best, opening with "I probably don't even need to wear a suit. I'm all white." Then saying, "I would proably say Teemu. He's 41 years old and he just glows. Every time he steps in a room, he electrifies. He owns it."
- Just watching the guys pose for every picture, sometimes obliging to be the photographer of said pictures
, enthusiastically take part in every conversation with every fan, and just generally be good dudes. Come back here later today for a preview of a unique upcoming weekend for the Ducks.