Here's what you need to know for tonight's homestand finale against the Blues:
1. The Devils are looking to complete the sweep of their three-game homestand tonight. They've won two straight following Saturday’s 3-2 victory over Columbus and have earned at least a point in four straight at Prudential Center (2-0-2).
2. Cory Schneider is expected to set a career-high with his 12th straight start. His previous high was 11 from March 9 through April 8, 2013 when he put together a 9-2-0 record. He improved to 6-3-2 this season following a 3-2 victory against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday, New Jersey's second straight win.
3. Keith Kinkaid was recalled from Albany (AHL) today and is expected to backup Schneider.
4. Forward Steve Bernier was recalled yesterday from Albany, and is expected to make his season debut tonight on the fourth line with Stephen Gionta and Tuomo Ruutu.
5. The Blues extended their winning streak to five games last night with a 4-3 shootout victory over the Rangers at Madison Square Garden. Vladimir Tarasenko leads the Blues with 13 points (7g-6a) on the season and has eight points (6g-2a) over the past four games. Brian Elliott and Jake Allen have combined for a 1.95 goals-against average, .923 save percentage, and two shutouts.
6. The Devils are opening their first home-and-home series vs. a Western Conference opponent since November 30-December 1, 2001 (1-1-0 vs. Detroit) and the second against the Blues. The teams complete the set Thursday in St. Louis.