STATEMENT FROM NEW JERSEY DEVILS:
The health and safety of our players, fans, staff members, partners and the New Jersey community is our number one priority. We are closely monitoring the latest developments and medical guidance regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Working with medical experts and state and local officials, we have established health and safety protocols, which we will update as necessary. Consistent with NHL guidelines, tonight's Devils game against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Prudential Center will proceed as scheduled.
Following the advice of public health officials and medical experts, and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we respectfully request that the following categories of guests not attend tonight's game or future Devils games until further notice:
- Guests who are feeling sick, regardless of their symptoms
- Guests who have traveled to, or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to, one of the high risk areas as outlined by the CDC in the past 14 days, even if asymptomatic
- Guests who have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, even if asymptomatic
- Guests who have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Guests with underlying health conditions, in particular, respiratory or cardiac issues
We also remind all guests who attend Devils games to review and follow the hygiene guidelines outlined by the CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html.
Any fans with questions or concerns can reach out to 1-800-NJ-DEVIL and choose prompt 1.
We recognize that this may cause inconvenience, and we appreciate your cooperation so that we can protect the health and safety of all in attendance.
Public Health Guidance:
* Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
* World Health Organization
* New Jersey Department of Health