Newark, NJ (February 17, 2015) – As the New Jersey Devils prepare to honor the 20th Anniversary of the franchise’s first Stanley Cup Championship on March 7-8 at Prudential Center, the team will unveil 20 straight days of multimedia content, including interviews, videos and full-length games, leading up to the celebration. Starting today, the newly-created webpage for “Celebrating the ’95 Cup” – NewJerseyDevils.com/95Cup – will be the hub for fans who want to reflect on one of the top moments in New Jersey sports history.
Where Are They Now?
Interviews with members of the 1994-1995 team, including Tom Chorske and Randy McKay, about how the Stanley Cup win affected their lives and how it continues to have an impact on them today.
’95 Cup Spotlight
A series of 10 vignettes produced by MSG Networks that feature first-person accounts of key moments and behind-the-scenes stories from the players, coaches and management that defined one of the most loved teams in NHL history.
NHL Vault: The Road to the 1995 Stanley Cup
Ten of the most memorable and popular games from the Devils’ incredible playoff run, including all four games of the 1995 Stanley Cup Finals:
EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINAL (DEVILS VS. BRUINS)
- Game 4: May 12, 1995 – Randy McKay scores the lone goal in overtime to give the Devils a 3-1 series lead.
- Game 5: May 14, 1995 – The Devils closeout the Bruins in Round 1 in the last official game played at the historic Boston Garden.
EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINAL (DEVILS VS. PENGUINS)
- Game 2: May 22, 1995 – Claude Lemieux scores two of the Devils three third period goals and Scott Stevens nets the game-winner to give the Devils a 4-2 win.
- Game 5: May 28, 1995 – Lemieux again scores twice as the Devils eliminate the Penguins.
EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL (DEVILS VS. FLYERS)
- Game 5: June 11, 1995 – With the road teams on a four-game winning streak, Lemieux scores the game-winner to keep the run alive.
- Game 6: June 13, 1995 – The Devils eliminate the Flyers and advance to their first Stanley Cup Finals.
STANLEY CUP FINAL (DEVILS VS. RED WINGS)
- Game 1: June 17, 1995 – The Devils go for an NHL-record ninth road playoff victory.
- Game 2: June 20, 1995 – Scott Niedermayer records a goal and two assists as the Devils take a 2-0 series lead.
- Game 3: June 22, 1995 – The Devils win a penalty-filled game at home to go up 3-0.
- Game 4: June 24, 1995 – The New Jersey Devils sweep the Red Wings to win their first Stanley Cup.
This Week in 1995
A look back at sports, entertainment and cultural moments from 20 years ago, including the most popular music, top-grossing movies, the price of gas, and more.
Photo of the Day
A single play, moment or person caught in time during the Devils’ run to the 1995 Stanley Cup.
NewJerseyDevils.com/95Cup will also be the home of highlights and behind-the-scenes action from the 1995 Stanley Cup Red-White Alumni Game on Saturday, March 7 at Prudential Center’s AmeriHealth Pavilion, featuring Martin Brodeur, Scott Stevens, Claude Lemieux, and close to 20 additional players from the 1994-95 team as they raise money for New Jersey Devils Alumni Association. Exclusive video content from the March 8 Devils-Flyers game, in which the 1995 Stanley Cup championship team will be honored, will also be available on the site.
Tickets for the March 8 game are available at NewJerseyDevils.com/95Cup, Ticketmaster.com and the Prudential Center box office. Fans can also select the special ’95 Stanley Cup Ticket Pack, which includes a limited edition t-shirt and tickets for games against all three Eastern Conference teams defeated en-route to the 1995 Stanley Cup Final -- Boston (Feb. 27), Philadelphia (Mar. 8 Reunion) and Pittsburgh (Mar. 17).
Fans can follow Devils on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using the hashtags #95CupMemories and #NJD95Parade for the latest information and a special look at Devils fans from the ’95 season including season ticket holders, anthem singers, partners, concession vendors, and Zamboni drivers.