Here's what you need to know for tonight's road meeting with the Oilers:
The Devils are opening their fifth back-to-back with their third of five straight games against the West. Their four-game road trip continues Saturday night in Calgary.
2. Cory Schneider (8-8-2, 2.72 GAA, .910 sv %) will make his 20th consecutive start tonight, breaking Martin Brodeur’s franchise record (19) for the most to begin a season. According to Elias Sports, it's the third time since 2005-06 that a netminder has made 20-or-more straight starts to open a campaign (Evgeni Nabokov, 43 and Miikka Kiprusoff, 23; both in 2007-08).
"I've never been through something like this before, so it's a learning experience," Schneider said. "I'm figuring it out and trying to get my work in on my technique and my fundamentals, because it's a lot harder to get the practice time that I'm used to having in my entire career. I'm learning as I go here."
3. Dainius Zubrus is expected to appear in his 500th game as a Devil tonight. Zubrus has 216 points (85g-131a) in his New Jersey career, including 15 game winners.
4. The Devils’ penalty kill is perfect over the last four games (16-for-16), matching a streak from March 11-18 in which it went 12-for-12.
5. Edmonton, which has lost four straight (0-3-1) and is 2-7-1 over its last 10 games, is 6-4-1 against Eastern Conference opponents.
6. Ryan Nugent Hopkins (5g-8a) and Jordan Eberle (4g-9a) lead the Oilers with 13 points each.