Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s tilt in Washington!
1. This is the fifth and final meeting between the Metropolitan Division rivals. The Capitals lead the season series 3-1-0 following a 4-0 win at Prudential Center on Dec. 20.
2. The Devils are 10-5-2 over their last 17 contests, have won two straight on the road, and are 3-1-1 over their last five matches away from The Rock. They're looking to win three straight on the road for the first time since the opening three games of the season.
3. Cory Schneider will be looking for his second win in five starts versus Washington this season. Despite dropping his last two decisions, Schneider ranks fifth in the League in goals against (2.17) and third in save percentage (.928).
4. Devils co-coach Adam Oates returns to Washington tonight for the first time since serving as Capitals head coach from 2012-14. He compiled a two-season mark of 65-48-17 (.565) in D.C., including a Southeast Division title in 2012-13.
5. Jordin Tootoo has three points (2g-1a) in his last five games and is set to make his 599th NHL appearance tonight.
6. Alex Ovechkin leads the League with 47 goals, 21 power play goals, 11 game-winning goals and 356 shots. He’s just the fifth player in NHL history to record seven-or-more 45-goal seasons, joining: Wayne Gretzky, Mike Bossy, Mario Lemieux and Marcel Dionne.