Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s game in Winnipeg:
1. The Devils (8-8-2) are opening a season-high four-game road trip (tie, October 9-16). Tonight’s contest is also the second of five straight games vs. the Western Conference.
2. This is the second and final meeting between the Devils and Jets this season. New Jersey claimed a 2-1 shootout victory at Prudential Center on Oct. 30, snapping its 0-for-18 streak in the tiebreaker.
3. Cory Schneider (8-7-2, 2.71 GAA, .910 sv %) is set to make his 19th straight start tonight, matching Martin Brodeur for the most in club history to begin a season. Schneider made 24 saves in the teams' previous meeting and went 3-for-3 in the shootout.
4. Adam Henrique (lower body) could return to the lineup tonight for the first time since Nov. 4. Henrique is tied for fourth on the Devils with nine points (4g-5a), including four on the power play (2g-2a).
5. The Devils’ penalty kill is 12 for its last 12 and 11-for-11 over the past three games, marking the first time this season the PK has gone consecutive games without allowing a goal.
6. Winnipeg leading scorer Blake Wheeler (8g-5a-13pts) has three goals in the last three games for the Jets, who are 7-2-3 in their last 12 games.