Here's what you need to know for tonight's matchup against the Capitals!
1. Tonight’s contest is the third of five meetings between the Metropolitan Division rivals and the first of two at Prudential Center. The season series is tied 1-1-0 following New Jersey’s 1-0 win at Verizon Center on November 14.
2. Patrik Elias (groin) and Jaromir Jagr (flu) both return to the lineup tonight after missing one game with injury.
3. The Devils were 2/3 on the power play on Thursday at Toronto, the sixth time this season they’ve scored two-or-more PPGs, and are 4/15 (26.7%) over the last four games.
4. New Jersey was 1/2 on the penalty kill on Thursday and is 36/39 (92.3%) over the past 11 games.
5. Cory Schneider (1-1-0, 1 ShO, 2.91 goals-against average & .911 save-percentage) has made both starts in goal for New Jersey but was relieved by Scott Clemmensen (16:35, 1 GA, 7 SA) in the first meeting on October 16.
6. Elias is the Devils' career leader with 21g-35a-56pts in 61 games vs. the Capitals.