Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s meeting with the Vancouver Canucks!
1. This is the second game of a six-game homestand for the Devils, who have points in 11 of their last 13 contests at Prudential Center (8-2-3) following Tuesday’s 2-1 shootout win over Buffalo.
2. Tonight is the second of two meetings between the Devils and Canucks. Vancouver claimed a 2-0 victory at Rogers Arena on Nov. 25.
3. Cory Schneider will make his 50th start of the season seeking his first career win against his former team. He’s 0-1-2 with a 2.28 goals-against average and .921 save percentage versus the club that drafted him 26th overall in 2004.
Schneider is 10-7-5 with a 1.83 goals-against average & .932 save-percentage in 22 games at Prudential Center this season.
4. Steve Bernier is set to appear in his 200th career game with the Devils tonight. He’s fourth on the team with 10 goals and is two tallies away from 100 in his NHL career.
5. The Devils are looking for their first home win over the Canucks since a 3-0 victory on Jan. 13, 2006 (0-2-1). They’re 13-11-3 at home vs. Vancouver, all-time.
6. The Canucks, who have won four of their last five, are led by Henrik Sedin’s 50 points (12g-38a). He has 12 points (3g-9a) in his last 11 games.