This is the third and final meeting of the season between the two teams, second in the last six days. The Devils, who dropped a 3-1 decision in Tampa Bay on Saturday, are seeking their first win over the Lightning this season (0-2-0).
2. Coach John Hynes' squad has points in four of their last six home games (3-2-1), and are 18-16-5 at Prudential Center overall. New Jersey plays its season finale on Saturday when Toronto visits The Rock.
3. Keith Kinkaid will make his 20th and final start of the season. Kinkaid, who has won four of his last six decisions, is seeing his first action since posting a 5-3-0 record in March (1 shutout). Cory Schneider is slated to start Saturday's game.
4. Adam Henrique has 3g-3a-6pts over his last eight games vs. the Lightning, including his 28th goal of the season on Saturday.
5. Kyle Palmieri is one goal away from becoming the first Devil to notch 30 since 2011-12 (Ilya Kovalchuk, 37; Zach Parise, 31; David Clarkson, 30).
6. Patrik Elias, who's playing in his second straight game tonight, is the Devils' leading scorer against the Bolts (19g-33a-52pts).